highschool au

a/n
heyyy im back w another au ;) lowercase intended. short story (again)

in which karma akabane receives letters.

time of school : 7:30 am - 11 am (idk what school lmao)

-

monday, 7:15 am

'hello, karma. before you go to class, i just wanted to say that you're very beautiful. you're so perfect; ethereal i would say. when you laugh, my heart flutters. when you talk, i can't help but blush because of how amazing you sound. when you sing, your melodious voice fills up my melancholic heart. when you dance, i was astonished at how you gracefully move step by step, complimenting the song. you're just so unreal, so hard to find.'

tuesday, 7:21 am

'good morning, karma. did you know you look as stunning as ever? every part of your body is amazing. from head to toe. starting from your facial features, you have mesmerizing mercury-gold eyes, long eyelashes, glossy cheeks, bloodshot lips, and- i just can't handle myself. please forgive me. i really am so very sorry.'

wednesday, 7:12+8:09 am

'you get charming day by day and people can't help but smile. when you're talking about your favorite things, your eyes would enlighten, sparkling like the stars, shining like the moon.'

'you were late today. i hope nothing bad happens. i can't help but get curious and saw cuts on your arms. are you perhaps- depressed ? i do hope you're not sad.'

thursday, 7:08

'i will always love you, cutie. sincerely,'

friday

those letters were the only thing that kept him going; that kept him living. they were his source of happiness, and whoever wrote them, he loved them dearly. as he made his way to the entrance, he heard silent sobs escaping from a certain girl. it was weird first thing in the morning. what's wrong with her ? he thought while opening his locker.

it never came. the letter. he was confused, because he was left with a comma, not a point. soon, the principal made an announcement and all the students gathered in the assembly room. he seated himself next to the girl who was crying a while ago. he can't help but get curious so then he asked with his soft and soothing voice, "excuse me, but why are you crying ?" the girl locked eyes with him and mouthed, "his words are his hours."

he raised an eyebrow and was about to ask again when the principal suddenly tapped the microphone and said, "you all are gathered here to mourn the death of our student and your friend. he was found inside his house, lying across his desk. we do not know why, but it was such a shame. he was the boy who had a bubbly personality, full of etiquette, and always thought of others before himself. and now, we will play a song." the principal stepped back as the sedate, reflective but also sombre music plays. soon, the room was filled with cries and regrets.

-

and there karma was, sitting beside the grand piano, holding a piece of paper. karma ruffled his hair in frustration, confused. he hasn't read what was written on the paper, and was still in deep thought of what the girl meant by those words. he gave up and decided to read the paper. he gasped, closing his mouth with his hands, dropping the paper. he softly sobbed, and it later turned into a loud cry. he was crying his lungs out, and blamed himself for all of this. inside the paper, it was written;

'Nagisa Shiota.'

-
too much angst? sorry bout that. im also sorry for the lack of words, im super tired rn. good night cuties <3