The Lunch Date

"I think I'm falling for Kirsten Lane." it's the thought that wakes me up and I roll over and see her laying in bed and long to climb in with her. Instead I sit-up and stretch.

"Really Ryder, its 7 am do you have to moan and groan so loud?" she complains to me as I get out of bed.

"God she's hot when she's mad," I mumble

"Speak up, no one likes a mumbler," she says, I stay quiet. "So, what'd you say?" My face starts to turn red and I feel blood rushing to my cheeks. This girl is making me lose my touch I'm blushing for crying out loud.

"Nothing, nothing neve- hey don't you have a class in 15 minutes?" I ask looking at the clock reading 7:13.

"What are you tal- FUCK I thought it was Saturday," she screams launching herself out of bed. She takes off her booty shorts and stares at me

"What?"

"Turn around mister," her voice demands

"Oh god this agai-"

"Ah ah ah," she cuts me off. I turn around and hear her getting undressed, it takes all of my power to not turn around and look.

"Done sweety?" I say taunting her, she screams bye and sprints out not even acknowledging my attempt to irritate her.

I get out of bed and jump into a cold shower to freshen up before I go out for some breakfast.

I get out of the shower and towel off. I change into a blue v-neck and a pair of jeans. I stroll off down to the cafeteria, greeted by the same girls that flirted with me on the way into my room only s few days ago, it feels like eons ago that I saw Kirsten standing there in her blue superman unde- "AGH" the girl I ran into exclaims. I look up and see it's the same girl I bumped into yesterday

"Hey, uhm, Nicole right?" I ask trying to make conversation

"That's me, you just have a habit of running into me Ryder, you sure it's not on purpose?" She accuses me. My face turns red, god what's with all the blushing today, I'm Ryder Sky I don't blush.

"Oh no- uhm- I was just- y'know," the words stumble out of my mouth clumsily and she giggles.

"Calm down there Mr. flustered it was just a joke. By any chance though, do you remember when we dated 3 years ago?" Oh that's why she looks so familiar, I dated her 3 years ago in my junior year of high school. Nicole Peterson, she was great. Then one day she kinda just disappeared, never texted, never called. I decide to ask her about it another time "Earth to Ryder, come in come in"

"Shit sorry, yea I remember now! We dated our junior year of high school back home in Winchester. I remember Nicole," I say, finally getting my composure back,

"So I've got sixth through eighth period free," she starts "I was wondering if you wanted to go get a bite to eat? I know this great diner right up the street from here if ya wanna check it out,"

"Uh, ya sure definitely, I'll come pick you up at say 1230?"

"Sounds good" I walk back to the dorm, deciding to skip breakfast and plop onto my bed. I look at the clock, it's 11:17. I fish my phone out of my pocket and set an alarm for 1230.

I look over at Kirsten's bed and see a bulge under the blanket. I go over to look and it's her book, I pick it up and open it "There is one mirror in my house," the first sentence reads. I continue reading.