Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Lucy

2016

"Damnit. I thought they'd be in the bed together."

"Me too."

"She needs a good fuck anyway."

"Right. She mind as well get it from Luke. Them white girls love his black ass."

"Once you go black you never go back. It's even worse for dark chocolate brothers."

"But Chance is light skin."

"She never said anything about her liking dark chocolate brothers tho."

"Can yall shut the fuck up? We're trying to sleep. Goddamnit." Luke's voice cuts through the voices of Elijah, Woody, Keith, Algee, Bryshere, Kim, and JJ.

I sit up and open my eyes to look at the seven dumbass dwarves standing in the bedroom door way. "So did y'all get it on last night, best?" Woody asks me while doing a stupid dance. 

"No. I don't even like his ass," I roll my eyes. "But I was laying in his uncomfortable ass chair, remember?"

They look at me as if they don't believe me. "Whatever. I'm too grown to be explaining myself anyway."

I get out of the bed— kicking Luke on my way out of the room. I find my shoes and slip them on before grabbing my car keys and going to sit in my car.

Kim and Lucy come outside with the guys. Elijah walks up to my window so I roll it down to talk to him.

"We're heading to get breakfast before we all have to go to the studio to lay down vocals." Elijah says.

"Alright. We'll meet y'all after we change. Just text me," I nod. Elijah nods and goes over to Luke's five-seater car where all six of them pile in. "I don't want to hear a damn thing."

"Fine," Kim holds her hands up. "But you can't lie, he is fine as hell."

I don't respond as I drive back to our apartment. We get inside, shower, and get dressed before I drive us to IHOP where we're eating breakfast with the Bigs and the Littles. We have a little room that is usually reserved for bigger parties.

"KiKi, where do you put all of this food?" Dante asks as we eat. Kim was working on her third stack of pancakes.

"I've been asking the same thing since we met, Lil Man," Bryshere says. "She just packs the food away and never gains a pound."

"She's been that way since we were kids." JJ shrugs as she works on her second stack of pancakes and a plate of eggs, bacon, grits, and hash browns.

"Are you hungry or something, JJ? You eating more than usual." Keith asks.

"Uh," JJ wipes her mouth before she looks at me. I nod.

"Go ahead. They're family." I smile. The guys look at me confused.

"Jackson, what's wrong?" Caleb asks.

"Nothing's wrong. It's just my dad doesn't know yet. I haven't told him and I know he's going to freak." JJ smiles nervously.

"What? You're dropping out?" Elijah asks.

"Helll nahhh." Kim sings and we all laugh.

"Chance and I got married and I'm pregnant." JJ whispers in case anyone was listening in.

All eleven of the guys start freaking out. They smile and congratulate JJ.

"How does it feel?" Luke asks. "You're going to be a mom, JJ. A great mom."