Good Morning!

I wake up with a yawn as the brisk, cold air touches my arms as I sit up and stretch. It's a cold winter morning in Death City. I rub my eyes and look at my clock. It's 5:15 AM. I like getting up early, it lets me get more things done. I can hear Soul snoring in the next room. I get up and walk across my room to my closet where I take my bathrobe off the hook beside it. I wrap the soft, comforting robe around me and walk downstairs.

     I start making breakfast for Soul and I. Yum, bacon. I could never be a vegetarian. I giggle as I think of Kid, he would look at the bacon and yell at me because it wasn't symmetrical. When the bacon's done, I put it on a plate and start making eggs. Bacon and eggs, a nice breakfast to start the day. I hear fast, tiny footsteps, and I cringe as Blair, in cat form, leaps onto my back, claws digging into my robe to climb onto my shoulder.

     "How's it going Maka?" Blair says energetically with a small purr. 

     "It's going fine, Blair, now please get off my shoulder, I'm cooking and Soul doesn't like cat hair on his bacon."

     "Aww, okay," Blair says as she jumps off of my shoulder and with a "Pum-Pum-Pumpkin!" she turns back into human form. "Hey Maka, can I have some bacon? I'm going to go shopping soon, and I could use some food," she asks, persuasively.

     I toss a strip of bacon at her, which seems to please her, and she hops up to her room. I continue cooking until the eggs are done, and I'm pouring orange juice when I hear Soul dragging his feet down the stairs.

     "Morning, Maka," he says with a long yawn. He slumps down onto the couch. "I didn't get much sleep last night, I kept having strange dreams," he says.

     "What about?" I giggle, Soul's dreams are always interesting. Last week he had a dream about Kid dancing around with his mask on, listening to reggae music.

     "I'm not sure, but you were in it, and you kept laughing at me," he said, blushing slightly.

     Hm, weird. I thought. 

     "Weird dreams are always a mystery," I say, "Maybe I was laughing at how funny you are... funny looking that is!" I giggle and Soul lets out a deep groan, but I can see on his face that he found it funny.

     "Can we just eat now? I'm hungry for some bacon!" asks Soul.

     "Sure, but don't complain if it's a little burned this time, Blair kept bugging me and I took my attention off it," I say.

     We start eating in silence, Soul stuffing his face with bacon and eggs. Soul sure eats a lot.

     "Soul, we'd better get ready, school today," I say. "It's 6:30,"

     I run upstairs into my room and begin changing into my clothes. I start thinking about Soul. Over the years I've started to develop a crush on him, not an obsessive crush, but a small crush. I like him, but I'm unsure whether or not he has the same feelings. I finish changing into my white dress shirt, green tie, yellow sweater vest and red pleated skirt. I run downstairs barefoot, and call to soul.

     "Soul! We need to go in 2 minutes! You better not make us late again! I don't know how to use your motorcycle!" I yell, directing it upstairs. Soul walks down the stairs slowly, purposefully going slow, just to mess with me. "Dammit Soul, hurry up!" I say, putting on my shoes and socks, as well as buttoning my coat.

     "Chill out Maka, we only have to be there by seven. The one time I agree with Kid, I wish that it started at eight," he chuckles under his breath. Soul finished tying his shoes and zipped up his orange jacket. I tossed a scarf to him and he gave me a nod of approval. We then continued out the door.

     Soul got on his motorcycle and beckoned for me to get on. I straddled the seat and sat down, wrapping my arms around his waist. He's so warm and comforting. The bike hums as he revs the engine. I take in his soothing smell, as I put my head on his shoulder. I can feel his heartbeat as he zooms up the hill towards the DWMA.