'The Sorting Hat is who I am,                                                                     

   I can see who you really are,                                                                                                                                          Maybe cunning, maybe brave                                                                                                                                       Or smart and kind without going too far.                                                                                                                 There's nothing inside your head,                                                                                                                                 The sorting hat can't see.                                                                                                                                                   So put me on and I'll decide,                                                                                                                                           Where you ought to be.                                                                                                                                                       You might be in Slytherin, or Gryffindor,                                                                                                                     Or Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw                                                                                                                                             So put me on, don't be afraid!                                                                                                                                         There wasn't a mistake I ever made!                                                                                                                           I can see who you are from within                                                                                                                                 Let the sorting now begin!'                                                                                  

   The Hall burst into applause as the hat finished it's song. It bowed at each of the four tables, then became quite still again.                                                                                   

   So we just have to try on the hat!' exclaimed Lily. Severus grinned.                                                            Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment. 'When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted.' she said. 'Black, Bellatrix!'                                            

     A black-haired girl smirked as she stepped forward and put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down on the stool.                                                                                                                    'SLYTHERIN!' shouted the hat instantly.                                                                                                                       The table on the right cheered loudly as Bellatrix went to  sit down at the Slytherin table.