Chapter 30

The warriors of StoneClan headed through territory in the dead of the greenleaf night. They had been training for this battle for the past moon, and now they were prepared to attack.

"Dogstar, this fight is pointless, we can free Moon some other way." Dapplepelt protested to be replied by a growl from Dogstar. This had gone on long enough.

They stopped outside the FireClan camp. Dogstar turned to his clanmates, "Remember, no matter what happens, no cat is left behind." and plunged into camp through the undergrowth, "Moon! Moon, I'm here!" he called.

"Careful," Firebriar whispered, "someone could hear you!" Dogstar whipped his head around to look the tortoiseshell tom in his amber eyes, "RoseClan rule number forty-two: it doesn't matter what hears you as long as you can take it down!"

"RoseClan!" Firebriar gasped, flattening his ears to the top of his head. It surprised Dogstar just as much to hear himself say those words, but at least it shut Firebriar up.

"Dogstar, I'm here beloved!" Moon ran to his side and he recognized her sweet scent even after her moons in FireClan. "Are you ready?" she asked, yellow eyes narrowing into slits as she unsheathed her claws.

"Yes." Dogstar replied. Taking Moon home won't hurt them; They hate her. FireClan must pay for the pain they've caused us. "ATTACK!" he cried and all of the StoneClan warriors poured out of thr trees. FireClan was horrifyingly outnumbered.

As Dogstar ran into battle with his mate, he was confronted by Dapplepelt who had a deep scratch on one of her front legs, "I can't do this, I'm a nursery queen!"

"THAT IS IT!" Dogstar was fed up with her complaints, and in a fit of rage he lashed out at her face, knocking her off her paws.

Before he could strike again, Goldenstreak, an older FireClan warrior shoved between them, Moon in his grasp. He can kill her in one move! Dogstar realized. "One...more...move." Goldenstreak snarled, "I will!" Moon looked at him, panicked, he could slice out her throat faster than even she could react. "You cats have taken my sister, and I will not lose my mate tonight as well!"

Dapplepelt gasped. He gave away their secret! Dogstar realized, I've acted terribly tonight. "Fine." he said and Goldenstreak released Moon.

"You still care!" Dapplepelt cried Dogstar decided not to interfere any longer, "Moon, let's go home."

"WHAT?" Moon gasped, "The Dogstar I know would fight until every enemy was dead in the mud!" She really is as bad as Silverstar said! Dogstar realized. He was about to explain his new ideas to Moon when KRAKOW! a lightning bolt came from the stormy sky, striking the two cats.

The last thing Dogstar saw was Moon falling to the ground, the ringing in his ears blocked out her words, but he was pretty sure he saw her say, "I'm sorry." before falling silent, dead. "Moon! NO!" he cried, before he too, fell to the ground, and his world went dark.