LAST PART- FINAL REUNION

Before the cab halted Umaira opened the door and climbed down. Ibrahim got down quickly and together they rushed inside the Red Cross hospital.

'Patient Mr. Mehran Ahmad Ali.' Ibrahim asked the reception.

Quickly they got into the elevator. Umaira felt anxious as the door of the elevator closed, Ibrahim held her hand.

'Don't worry.' He assured her. She held and held his arm tightly.

The doctors came out and once again everyone gathered around him, bombarding him with their queries. The doctor assured them that until now things seems under control, only after the results come will they be able to confirm. Everyone relaxed little, Amreen made her mother sit on one of the bench. Siham got her water. The elevator door opened and Umaira along with Ibrahim stepped out. Umaira looked around and found Mehran's family by a ward. She hurried towards them.

'Mehran! How is he?' she asked gasping for breath. Amreen, Mrs. Ali and Siham looked at her. 'You?' Siham said sharply and held Umaira's hand.

'Please tell me, how is Mehran? Nothing serious? Please tell.' Umaira pleaded. Siham's grip loosened seeing Umaira's condition she realized Umaira is genuinely worried. Mrs. Ali stood up, she walked towards Umaira.

'You? Mehran is very hurt. Please help him. I know he loves you very much. He will wake-up if you are with him.' she said, her voice hoarse with all the crying. Umaira extended her hand and held Mrs. Ali's hand.

'Nothing will happen to Mehran.' She assured her. After Mrs. Ali's words Umaira felt confident. Amreen also came to them, she placed an arm around her mother and looked at Umaira, she smiled sadly at her.

'I hope Mehran recovers because of you. I will be forever grateful to you.' Siham whispered sadly to Umaira. She simply looked at Siham.

Umaira is pacing anxiously outside the ward, while Mrs. Ali is sitting with Amreen beside her and Siham stood beside them. Ibrahim got water for Umaira who refused, Ibrahim insisted and so she took one glass. He also passed water to Junaid, Mr. Ali, Amreen and Mrs. Ali. Siham sat little away, separate from the group. She has her face buried into her palms and is silently crying. Ibrahim's gaze fell on her. He walked towards her.

'Here, have some water.' Ibrahim said politely. Siham looked at him, then at the glass and back again. She sighed and took the glass from him.

'I know how you are feeling.' He sighed relaxing little in his seat. Siham smiled sadly. She took a sip and looked at Ibrahim, 'Won't you have water?' she asked concerned.

'I will have later.' Ibrahim smiled at her, she smiled back at him.

One hour later, the doctors got the reports. They began examining Mehran again. He seemed to be unconscious. Everyone had their breath stuck in their throat.

'Luckily, there isn't any internal damage in the head but there is a small blood clot in the abdomen which we will operate soon.' The doctor informed. Mr and Mrs. Ali looked terrified but the doctor assured him that the clot isn't much and it be a small surgery. Everyone sighed in relieve when they were informed that Mehran has gained consciousness. Surgery will take place in half an hour, the doctor left to make the necessary arrangement for the surgery.

'Who is Umaira?' a nurse came out from the ward. Umaira rushed to the nurse.

'I am.' Umaira said urgently.

'Patient is calling for you.'

'He is awake?' Umaira asked, little relieved.

'He is gaining consciousness.' Nurse informed. Umaira looked at Mrs. Ali who silently asked her to go in, Umaira smiled gratefully and entered the ward. Her heart raced as she twisted the knob and entered.