The deafening choir of my thoughts -chapter two

"Ugh! Why does this have to be so hard?" Shaka gives me a look of confusion before realizing what I was talking about.

"What is it?"

"This homework! Mr Nthuli really has it in for me this time!" I flopped onto his bed taking out my phone and going onto WhatsApp. "Since when are there stories on WhatsApp?"

"Since forever?" He laughs, looking at me like I was a fool. "Oh... you didn't have your phone for a while."

"No shit Sherlock. My mom took it away to fix it." Rolling my eyes, I return to watching the new "WhatsApp stories".

"What kind of iPhone is this?"

"7? Why?" I see him walk over to bed and grab something from his bedside table.

"It looks funny. Remember that I still have a ..."

"Samsung? I know." He gets on the bed and faces me.

"Are you hungry?" He smiles.

"Come to think of it, I am." I laugh, holding my stomach when I hear it grumbling. "Damn, I actually am. What do you have?" I say getting up from the bed, but he stops me.

"I have me."

"Ew! Shaka! No! I thought you said you were too "young"! No." I smacked his arm playfully but still grimaced in disgust.

"I'm being serious." Well damn! "I really like you so..."

"Can you ask me this after you've fed me? Maybe the answer you will get will be positive." I politely asked. After he finally agreed we made our way downstairs to the kitchen. I danced to the fridge and took out some leftovers from the previous night. "So, what were you going to ask me?"

"I don't know if I can ask yet? Have you been fed?" Sarcasm. Ugh!

"Yes. Now ask. Please?" I pouted, showing him my puppy face.

"I wanted to know if you'd be my girl. Angithi we've known each other for about 13 years, right?" I nodded. "Yeah, so will you?" He had this look in his eyes. Almost begging, pleading for me to say yes.

"Shaka now, you know that I'm not allowed to date. But for you..."

"It's fine. I'll..."

"No! I'll ask my mom. If she says yes, then you will get a call from me."

"Ask her now."

My eyes just widened. They basically popped out of my head. "What?!? You're crazy, you know."

"I'll ask her then." He immediately dialed my Mom's number. After three rings, "Hello Mrs Khuzwayo... I'm good thanks and how are you?...can I put you on speaker?...ok."

"Yes boyza, what do you need?" My mother gushed, and I could feel the cringe flow through my body.

"I would like to ask you for your blessing."

"Blessing?" She practically screamed at the phone and I couldn't help burst a little giggle out.

"Yes, Mama. I want Nonkululeko to be my girlfriend. Please." He queried.

I left the room to avoid any tears that might have come. Falling onto Shaka's bed, I turn on the tv and watch Blackish. My favorite show. I suddenly hear cheering and I guessed that my mother said yes.

After about 2 hours of him being in the phone, I fell asleep.

******************************************************************

3 days later

The thought of me being royalty travelled round and round, causing me not to concentrate on Shaka. I was completely confused. I felt like screaming. Like why me?
Why do I have to be the princess? I was honestly confused.

"Nkuli!" Shaka shakes me gently, making me snap out of my day dream.

"Huh? Oh, sorry."

"What's wrong? You look fazed." He wrapped his free arm around me but I just shook my head. I didn't know whether I should tell him the secret or not. My life is torture.

"I'm fine. Just tired."

"C'mon! I know your not just tired. Something's up. What is it?" He rubbed  my arm soothingly, trying to make me talk. But I just couldn't.

"I'll tell you when I know more about it. Right now I don't and it's kinda stressing me out. " I looked away from him hoping that he would understand the struggle I'm going through. "I plan to tell you by Wednesday, maybe then I'll have the right information. Okay?"

"Yeah, ok. "