Pilot

"My name is Melissa Silvia. All my life I was afraid of tomorrow because my father was a very hated man in the city of New York."
He borrowed much money from many companies and is millions of dollars in dept. A part of me thinks it's my fault because he took some of that money to keep me happy and to make me feel like I'm loved from the things he gave or bought me. But little did he know I didn't want toys or anything else at all. I just wanted to spend time with him. My mother also got hate and threats from people in our neighbor hood. When I was 11 my mother decided to leave him for all the secrets he kept from us. One thing she took was me.  We headed to Arizona because my aunt lived there and let us stay until we got back on our feet.

It had been 8 years and every day I wonder where he is or how he is dealing with his life. I never understood how my mother left the love of her life. She told me many stories of how they met and how it was love  at first sight. I am supposed to be going off to college now but if I leave my mother will die alone. Leaving my father was hard for her so to put herself to sleep it was either a pill or a bottle of wine.
The doctor said "she has cancer if she keeps on drinking she will get more holes in her body and she will die."

It was January 26, 2015 when she died. I was in pain because now I had nothing. But I couldn't let that stop me from having a happy life.