Chapter six

Chapter 6

***Harr’s POV***

After Zoeys rejection of being my cover up girlfriend, I figured, that I might as well find a new candidate for the job: I had asked one of my great friends named Ashley Jenkins to go with me to a premiere event in the weekend. It actually went pretty well; the paparazzi were curious and were taking a lot of pictures, but Irina, on the other hand, wasn’t too crazy about, what I had done, without letting her know. Okay that was quite an understatement; she was really pissed, that I had walked behind her back. She told me, that I was acting immature, and wasn’t using my head. I knew, she was right about her statements, but I just needed to do something.

***Zoey’s POV***

It had been two days since Cory moved. I didn’t even get to say a decent goodbye. The fight, we had had a few days before, was horrible, and both of us were too stubborn, to give in and just forget. We didn’t normally fight like that, and I couldn’t figure out, why he became that angry, when I told him about Harry and the fake girlfriend-thing.

I went to bed early, the night he had left in all hurry, and was just lying there until about 2 am thinking about, what to do about this whole messy situation. After many hours of speculation I had come up with a conclusion.

I was sitting at the dining table in the little kitchen with my laptop in front of me, checking Facebook.

My eyes kept flicker to my phone on the counter. I needed to call Christopher, but I couldn’t get myself to do it. This was torture.

Without thinking, I rose up, grabbed my phone and went to my contacts. I found the number, I was searching for and pressed ‘call’.

I sat down again scrolling through my newsfeed on my computer, when it began to ring. Christopher picked it up. “Hello?” He said with a busy voice.

“Hey, this is Zoey” I said trying to sound polite.

“Zoey, I’m so glad you’re calling!” He exclaimed. “Have you thought about the offer?”

I didn’t hear him; I was too busy studying the picture, which had popped up on my newsfeed two seconds ago; a paparazzi photo of Harry with his arm around some blonde girl. The headline said: STYLES MYSTERIOUS DATE. 

When Keegan saw me reach the café, he ran out of the door and yelled, that someone would like to talk to me, waving with a phone in his hand. I ran towards him, and he handed me the phone belonging to the shop. I was a little hesitating; who would call on my job to get to talk to me, I must be important.

“Hello?” I asked with caution.

“Is this Zoey?” A feminine but firm voice asked

“Yes, who am I talking to?” This was getting weird.

“This is Irina, from Modest Management. My assistant Christopher says, that you called him a few hours ago, is that correct?” she asked.

“Yes. Yes, it is. I called him to tell him something, but I had second thoughts about it, and then I'm afraid, I just hung up.

“I don't know, if you have seen the pictures of Harry and Ashley Jenkins?” She asked.

That must be them on the Facebook photo, I thought.

“I have” I told her.

“I want that girl to be you”, she said with a powerful voice. “Can you meet me at my office, and I don't take no for an answer, I'll text you the address”, she just said, without giving me an opportunity to answer, and then hung up.

I immediately got a message which was signed Irina Aleksandrov on my own phone, with the address, it was near the London Eye, but I didn't memorize to have seen the building before.

I was still standing in the middle of the door to the café and was basically blocking it, making it impossible for the costumes to pass. I went inside a little confused and with a queer feeling in my stomach.

Maybe this was a good thing, and who needed Cory, when I got this offer? I thought, trying to convince myself, that I was doing the right thing.

When I went to the back of the shop to change to my work wear, Amanda came to my locker looking at me with a suspicious expression, while she examined my facial features.  

“Why did you left that abruptly yesterday, is something wrong?” She asked.

I stroke some of my hair, which had fallen down in front of my eyes, back. “Amanda, can you keep a secret? A big one?” I asked her, a little doubtful that she could, as Amanda was the greatest gossiper, I’ve ever known, but I really needed someone to talk to, now that Cory was gone.