Chapter 10

During the next three weeks, my stomach seemed to settle down again and I joined the others for nearly every show, opting to either stay backstage or join the crowd. Lottie and I had grown very close and I often found myself helping her and Lou with the makeup of the boys, much to the amusement of the rest of the crew who loved teasing them about it. We had already ended the first half of the North American leg and everyone was currently back in Los Angeles, where the boys were doing promo for their new single Drag Me Down. Lottie and I were currently sitting at the back of a meeting with the management who were discussing the details of the shoot of their music video for the song. 

"So we're actually going to NASA to film on their side and see all the space ships?" Liam asked excitedly, his eyes lightening up like the ones of a kid on Christmas Day. When one of the managers nodded, he gave Louis a light nudge and exchanged an excited grin with him. "Sick." He mumbled and I had to bite my lip at his excitement, although I had to admit I was already looking forward to sneaking around the set myself. "Okay, everyone listen up! The music video will be directed by Ben and Gabe Turner, so we already know that it's gonna be good." Everyone chuckled and nodded in approval. 

"We'll be allowed to film in one of the space ships that they use for astronaut training and we can use their work out facilities and some of the cars and robots, so you'll get to do loads of cool stuff and they will film you doing it. But you will get the details the day after tomorrow when you arrive in Houston. Also, please keep in mind that the first day filming starts at 6.45am, so you have to be there at 6.15am for hair and makeup!" A particularly snobbish looking guy reminded everyone and his eyes lingered on Louis for a little bit longer than the other three. Louis, however, ignored him and whispered something into Niall's ear who burst out laughing.

Shaking his head, the guy gave everyone pne final stern look, before he ended the meeting and everyone started heading out. Lottie and I joined the boys on the way out and ended up being squeezed into a tiny lift with Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam and Paul. My back was pressed against Harry, who himself was pressed against the wall and my face was pressed into Louis' shoulder who shot me an annoyed look, but kept his mouth shut. The two of us hadn't really spoken during the past few weeks and generally tended to avoid each other, much to everyone else's relief. 

Looking up, I caught Niall's eyes who winked at me and I felt a blush creep upon my cheeks, before I could stop myself. I looked back down, only to meet his gaze again after a couple of seconds. He mouthed "All sweaty" in my direction and wiggled his eyebrows, until Harry cleared his throat behind me. Niall and I had grown quite close over the past few weeks, however it was difficult to say where exactly we were standing at the moment. We had a lot of flirty banter going on between the two of us and occasionally ended up making out somewhere at the back of the arenas or in hotel rooms, but apart from that we kept our friendship strictly platonic. Neither of us had the intentions of being in a relationship at the moment, so we were both just enjoying a bit of fun in the mean time.

After what felt like an eternity, the lift came to a halt and everyone started to move at the same time which ended in Louis, Liam and I getting stuck in the door, when we all tried to get out at the same time. My front was pressed up against Louis' chest and I could feel his breath fan over my face. I didn't dare to look up at him, but as Niall gave Liam a shove from the inside of the lift, I was momentarily pressed even more into Louis, before we were all released and stumbled into the hallway. "Whoa, easy there, love." Louis said quietly and steadied me as I nearly fell to the ground. 

His blue eyes were piercing into mine and we silently looked at each other for a couple of seconds, before the world around us caught up with us. As if he had just realised that he was still touching me, he let go of me as if he had burned himself and quickly joined Liam and Niall who were already making their way to the back exit of the building from where everyone was heading to their separate destinations. "You okay, love?" Harry's deep voice interrupted my thought and made me jump a bit, as he wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders. I looked up at him and saw that he was giving me a concerned look, before his eyes wandered back to the rest of his band who were walking in front of us.

"Are you looking forward to the video shoot?" I asked him with a grin, instead of giving him an answer, and lightly bumped my hip against his which made him chuckle. "Yes, I'm sure it'll be fun. It's amazing that we are getting an opportunity like that." He said with wide eyes and held the door open for me. "Do you want to go for some juice somewhere?" He suddenly asked me out of the blue and I looked up at him in surprise. "Sure, why not? Some quality time with your best friend?" I asked him in a teasing tone and wiggled my eyebrows which made him roll his eyes at me. "Something like that, yes." He chuckled and lead me over to his car. "Oh, can we go to the Green Grotto? You have told me about that one so many times that I am dying to try it myself and you were kind of busy the last time we were in Los Angeles." I suggested excitedly and watched Harry's whole face lit up. "The Green Grotto it is." He agreed with a wide smile and a few minutes later we were on our way. 

A.N. Hi everyone, first of all I would like to apologise for the long wait. I had the biggest writer's block and even though I had most of the story planned out in my head already, I didn't know how to get to the next major plot twist which is coming up during the next few chapters. I am still not 100% happy with what I have written so far and where the story is going at the moment, but I also didn't want to leave you waiting any longer, so I'll figure things out as I write. :D I hope you enjoy this short chapter and I promise to update more regularly from now on. All the love, Summer xxx