Chapter 2: Beginning in the Academy

Tamako POV

"Morning Ami," I yawned while rubbing my eyes. "I guess I'll officially be starting classes today" I smiled.

"Yeah," Ami responded sleepily. I wanted to give off a good impression on my teachers and classmates so for my outfit I wore a lavender skirt, not to long but not to short, with black leggings underneath, a cream colored shirt and black sneakers. I became nervous as I was about to enter my first class at the academy, I took a deep breath and opened the door which led to a room with a lot of counters, which I'm guessing is too practice making food and deserts. I took a seat in the back of the room since I didn't really know anyone in the room.
Watanabe sensei walked into the room and set her books and papers in the front desk.

"Good morning class," she said with a warm smile. "Today we have a new student in this semester." she spoke looking around the room until she spotted me. "Please introduce yourself," Sensei said while looking at me.

"Hello! My name is Tamako Kitashirakawa, umm...I love making mochi and one day I hope to take over my dad's shop!" I exclaimed with a happy look.

"Thank you very much Ms.Kitashirakawa, speaking of mochi, today we will be practicing how to make it," My eyes widened at the fact that we're going to be making mochi. This was a perfect coincidence. Watanabe sensei, taught us some techniques and showed us demonstrations on how mochi should be made, in which I knew most of them. After her demonstrations, we began to make the mochi.

After a few minutes of pounding the cooked mochi rice, I molded it into circular shapes. I filled the inside of my mochi with sweet read bean paste and let it cool for a few minutes. Watanabe sensei began to walk around and observe everyone else's food until she finally stopped in front of me, amazed by my work.
"So you must really like making mochi Tamako," complimented Watanabe sensei.

I was having fun in Watanabe sensei's class that I didn't realize everyone was packing up to go to their next class. I quickly cleaned up my area and went to my next class which was...history!? Watanabe sensei gave me a piece of paper with the rest of my class numbers and schedule. I hurried through the halls to get to my class until I saw someone burst the door open from the class I was about to enter. He had a hint of green in his eyes with messy black hair, but he had a large grin on his face as the teacher, who I assumed to be Jin sensei, trailed behind him yelling.

I was very surprised as to what just happened and I just stood there as Jin sensei glared at me and the other boy who went running off. He must have realized I was the new student in his class and stopped chasing the boy and smiled at me.

"Sorry about that," he laughed awkwardly as I was led inside where students were talking. The class had big windows on the side which let the sunlight shine through, making the room seem...friendly. The seats in the front were full and so was the back, therefore I sat in the middle next to a girl with a blonde, curly ponytail.

"Who was the kid that ran out of the class?" I asked the girl next to me.

"His name is Hiroki Mori, he's well...a trouble maker, he's a goofy and funny kid, but he means well since everyone seems to like him even some of the teachers, although he gets on their nerves," she laughed. "But the surprising thing is that he's one of the top students at our school, he majors in making both western and traditional Japanese desserts." She continued. "Oh, my name is Sachi Omori! What's your name?"

"My name is Tamako Kitashirakawa! Nice to meet you!" I smiled.

"Oh you can call me Sachi, and I'll call you Tamako!"

"Sure!" I exclaimed as class was about to start. I was surprised at the different utensils laid on the front desk in the class, some that I haven't seen before.  After Jin Sensei's class was over I headed to lunch but I didn't know where to sit. I then spotted Ami sitting by herself at a table by the window so I walked over to her since I didn't have anywhere else to go.

"Can I sit here?" I asked. Ami glanced upwards with a bread crumb on her mouth.

"O-of course!"

"Thanks," I said as I set my bag and book down on the table. "I'll be right back, I'm going to go buy bread."

"Ok," she said as I left while bringing my small pouch of my money with me. I decided to buy two melon flavored bread and a green tea bread just in case Ami wanted. As I reached for the last green tea bread someone's hand bumped into mine.

"Oh, sorry." I apologized, then I noticed it was the kid from two hours ago.

"Oh no it's fine, you can have it," he insisted.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, um I'll just grab a melon bread,"

"Ok...thanks," I smiled as I awkwardly left to pay. I went back to the table where Ami was and she gladly took the bread that I offered. After lunch I went to the rest of my classes where I met a few more teachers and I made some new friends too.

Once my first day at the academy was over I walked through the courtyard in order to get to the dorm until someone suddenly fell from a tree!?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello! This is a new chapter for my story! I didn't really think anybody would read this since this was just something quick but then I saw some of your comments and I was inspired but I didn't know what else to write so now I'm just going with the flow😂 so yeah thanks for reading this😊