Chapter 9

Rana was very happy since his return home. It was already late in the night. He had got the weapons stored in one of his remote warehouse. He was now in a small bar at the outskirts of his village. He was sitting with his friends and relishing events of the day.

One of his men said “Rana bhai we really taught those Jadejawalla’s a lesson today. Did you see their faces when they saw us there? And the master stroke was when you took their picture.” He laughed loudly.

Rana just smiled and nodded his head. “I know but I am worried what would baba say if he comes to know what we did. He would say we got into fight with Jadeja’s without any reason. I need to give him the photos. Then he may be a bit happy.”

He frowned and continued, “I have heard that in the upcoming elections even Kanji is trying to contest. This might ruin baba’s chance of winning in the region. I will speak first with Arjun bhai now. I expect all of you to keep your mouth shut about this incident. I want my brother to handle this situation.”

Arjun Kathiawar just then walked into the bar. He scanned the place and spotted Rana at the far end of the room. He slowly approached their table looking at them suspiciously.

He sat down heavily on one of the empty chair and asked, “So what did you guys do now. I swear Rana if you have got involved in some trouble. I will not bail you out. You should stay in jail.”

Rana laughed lightly and asked his men to leave them alone. He said “Calm down bhai, I did not call you here to tell that I am in some trouble. In fact it’s good news. Just check out these pictures.” He said handing over few pictures to Arjun.

Arjun took the photos and looked amused seeing through the pictures “This is very good Rana. Baba will be very happy. How did you manage to get them? Did you have a spy take these pictures for you? Please tell me you do not have anything to do with this.”

“Hmmm let’s just say I only shot one bullet to the tire and made their truck fall. Rest all happened by themselves. I took those photos personally” Rana said rubbing his neck looking a bit guilty.

Arjun frowned and said “Oh Rana! Kanji will be very upset. Promise me you will be careful. He may try to hurt you.”

“I always am careful bhaiya do not worry. You get going with those pictures. They need to appear in tomorrow’s morning newspaper.” Rana said.

“Ok, I will hand them over for my sources in newspaper office. And I want you back home by midnight. Do not be too late and don’t be alone.” Arjun said and left.

Arjun had been an ideal son till few years ago. Being the eldest son of the house, he had taken his duties seriously. He had studied well during his college years and got a degree in textile engineering. He had hoped to improve their textile factory with his idealistic views. To some extent he had made some changes in their textile factory and improved profits. But soon he too was caught in the web of politics, manipulations and mindless fights. He tried by far to stay away from illicit activities of his family, but was sometimes dragged into issues.

Rana’s friends soon came back to his table as soon as Arjun left. They all ordered another round of whiskey and started passing lewd comments at the serving bar girls.

One of Rana’s friends nudged him and pointed him towards a pretty serving girl. He said “Look at her Rana. She seems new here. I think we should have some fun tonight. I am going for my usual girl but you should go for her as it’s your big celebration night.”

Rana smirked and looked towards her. He called the bar manager and pointed towards the new girl. He asked the manager to arrange the girl for him that night. The bar manager looked reluctant but he knew if he turned down Rana’s request, his bar would be closed the very next morning. He left to make the arrangements.