The Test

(A senior wrote this part) Into room 311 he walks, nervous sweat starts to build up and his foot repeatedly taps while he sits at his desk waiting to get his test back. He has six D's, though this class is an F depending on his test. Earlier this morning Joe's parents (mom and step dad) reminded him, "If you fail any class, you will be held back, and we'll have to ground you all summer so that you will got to summer school and make up your credits."

Joe has never gotten a better grade than an average C, yet he always blames it on the teacher. The boy is too stuck up with a cocky attitude to man up and take blame. He thinks his busted pick up truck, the gym, steel-toed boots, and a can of chew in his back pocket makes him manly. Teachers get frustrated with him by the way he sags his jeans, continuously clicks his pen, and blames Obama for any mis-understandments.

The big moment has come. Mrs. Appletree is standing in the front of Joe's desk scrambling through papers. He just knows she's looking for his. There's a gut feeling in his stomach that he didn't do so hot by the way she scowls at him and lifts her left eyebrow as she sets the test on his desk, facedown. He squeezes his eyes and sees a sticky note. Before reading it he pulls it off and reveals a 52% F. Then he decides to read the atatched note, "Grades close in four days on Friday so I am giving the chance to everybody to stay Friday to correct and retake this test, see you there!"

(My part) Joe went home that day, feeling slightly different than normal. A feeling kept pricking at his mind, not letting him take a nap or go to the gym. He was worried, but did not know why. He did not really care about that class. What was that feeling?

For the next two days, now being Thursday, that feeling was ten times worse. He tapped his pen more that usual, angering everyone when the tapping was the only sound in the room. The teachers were worried about Joe, but didn't ask questions.

That night, he went to the gym, trying to work off his excess stress and energy. Some of the things he did made that feeling worse, so he drove home with shaky hands, using his skoal. As soon as Joe got into his room, he sat down and studied. It relaxed him, making some of that strange feeling go away. He soon fell asleep.

Friday, Joe stayed after school to retake his failed test. He clicked his pen nervously. Eventually, Mrs. Appletree handed him his test. He was surprised; Joe knew some of the questions. He took half an hour to complete the test before handing it in.

The teacher made him sit back down while she graded. He sat, waiting and clicking his pen for another half hour. She called him over and handed him his test, another sticky note on it. The note said, "Congratulations!" He took the note off, finding his test to be graded as a C-. He sighed in relief. He passed the class.