Chapter 1.

I've always been eager to know more about the curse. What exactly happened and why nobody was able to break the curse. My mother always told me not to worry about those who could see color. She told me they were brats, awful creatures, yet that didn't scare me off. I wanted more. More knowledge, more facts, more information on how it all started, but we'll safe that for later.

It was a sunny day in my village, and yes, before you start wondering if we ─living only to see black and white─ could see the sun, we can, as I opened the curtains, in the shadow of my closet , throwing on a dress, just a simple, dark shade of grey dress, as I rushed down the stairs and opened the door, to get outside.

I squinted my eyes as they met the bright rays of sun that shone in my eyes. I let out a deep sigh, enjoying the tingle that the rays gave me on my skin. I was sixteen, tired and that was obvious ever since it was around 8 am. You could hear the birds, but not see them, and you could see the sheep, but not hear them.

Half an hour later I waddled back inside, stretching my arm as I got greeted by my mother who was cracking a fresh egg open in a pan, filling the room with this delicious egg scent. I loved egg, especially if they were freshly taken away by our chickens.

We lived in a normal house, but we had this huge backyard. A few months ago, there was a dog running around, but sadly a car ran over it and it died, right now, we had this huge chicken coop, where we had approximately twenty chicken running around, but we had no rooster, sadly. I'd love to hold some little chickens sometime.

Within ten minutes, my mom had made me breakfast. An egg with bacon on bread with some milk and tea, de-li-cious. I drank my tea, my milk and ate my bread. Before you start wondering that I should go to school, don't worry, we are on summer break, just about a week ago, and I promised myself that I would go and take a walk, go to a lake with Lauren, Az and Kade, and go to the bonfire party of Caleb.

Caleb, only even the name got me tight breathed. Caleb was the typical hunk of our high school. Everyone had a crush on him, even I had, at some point. Anyway, moving on, his parties were the events to attend. Big house, big pool, huge, huge bedrooms or the ones who wanted to get kinky.

After breakfast I got upstairs, brushed my hair and took a couple of strands, pulling it back. I checked my phone, no further messages sent, and that meant that we would meet at the, what we call, galaxy pond at one. I put my phone down and waked to the closet, trying to find something or tonight, something in what I would stand out, or well, mix in but, you know, be myself. After about half an hour searching or some clothes, I got three outfits. High waist black shorts with a floral top, a simple black but elegant dress, and some mom jeans with a plain black shirt. But being me, being indecisive, I decided I would choose one of these outfits later today, so I wouldn't have to worry about it now.

An hour later my stomach rumbled again. I was watching Netflix this morning, and eating cookies with. This summer seemed to be relaxing, as it would be a staycation, just like every year after the cure had been put upon us. Being lucky me, we have the galaxy pond around the corner, and you're probably wondering how we got the blue lake's named to the galaxy pond, well let me explain.

Me and Lauren have been friends or while now, and with a while I mean like our years. We used to always go to the galaxy pond together, and always around 2 pm, not really important but okay. Moving on, we had this bonfire party of Caleb, three years ago, and that's were Azarius, who we call Az, and Kade came in. we talked or a while, eventually ended up being friends with them. Meanwhile we talked and started our friendship, other guys and girls were playing truth or dare, typical. Kade eventually convinced me and Lauren to play with, as Azarius was with Kade. We agreed, played truth or dare, and I was dared to the Galaxy pond. Lauren told me she did not want to leave me alone that time, and as you may already guess, me and Lauren sneaked away from the bonfire party to the Galaxy pond. I might as well add, that the Bonfire party of Caleb wasn't only for teenagers, on the contrary, it was for the whole village, so yes, it was a dare to escape the grips of parents. We eventually arrived at the lake. Lauren and I both stared at the lake for a minute. Galaxy. The lake looked like a freaking galaxy. The shadows of the trees, mixing with the stars of the sky above reflecting in the water. It looked awesome, something you can quite imagine unless you've seen it with your own eyes. We started calling it the galaxy lake after, but lake was so overused, and if we would use lake, everybody would come there, and that was not what we wanted, although most people knew about this place already. So we came up with the galaxy pond. We would talk about the galaxy pond, no one would actually ever know about what Kade, Az, Lauren and I were talking. You should see this as our little secret.