I feel disgust to watch few authorities of this profession misuse their power to misguide young minds like you into the path, advocating anti-national mindset. Some of our neighboring nation set excellent example on this thoughts, I am not sure about my nation. I pity on those people who are antithesis of what you are and what you stand for. I believe, they are ones who favor separation and call aloud slogans to chop the nation which is served by Indian Forces, which you are part of, into million pieces and their routine is to rant our nation is plebiscite, yet complain about their freedom of speech when someone counters their insinuations with the hard facts. It is ridiculous when a person who know nothing about your tribulations or who have not experienced a minute of your life got a complete authority to enquire and judge your credibility to qualify your pension that you earned thousands over. It's too much loathing when all armchair analyst and media dimwits hold the responsibility to pronounce your actions careless and inept, and allowed to question if you or any of your mates deserved to be honored when any of them fall in line of the duty. I feel sorry on your behalf as one of the point of your job role states to treat such democrats and bureaucrats with all respect, which I doubt they deserve.

I request you, please don't let such people make you cynical about our countrymen. I don't want to be among those patriots who put up few Facebook posts, trend few tweets on Twitter on every occasion where we, people are moved episodically by the exploits of Indian Armed Forces. Cheering aloud when India beats Pakistan in a cricket match or compulsion to stand for the national anthem in the luxurious environment of a multiplex : This is exactly how we as a citizen brag around being patriotic.

Randhir, I never want you to be a part of self sacrificing event where you are remembered for one day and forgotten at another. I know, there are people who are willing to sacrifice in the understated way, which would never match your heroism, no matter how grateful they be.

I always had your back and always stood along. Come back, Randhir. I am independent enough to give us a peaceful life with all required comforts. I miss so much of you. It's so hard when you can't see your love's cheerful smile on his radiant face. I hope, We will be together soon.

Always & Forever,

Mrs. Sanyukta Randhir Singh Shekhawat

Putting down the pen at 120 degrees on the notepad, she wiped off her tears rolling down her face. She took the photo frame of her marriage resting at the opposite side of the table lamp, cringed herself holding the frame as close as she could, to feel his presence at the least proximity and talked under her breath 'Randhir! I love you so much. Please come back. Please'

Prologue:

Few months passed by, and one such day when she was busy with her daily kitchen chores after tutoring 12th grade teens, her phone buzzed with a call. Since the caller id flashed the complete number, which basically means a call from unknown, she attended that call after few seconds, maybe she had second thoughts whether or not, ignore the call. 'Mrs. Shekhawat, your husband is on the way home ...' Before the person on the other side could continue his talk, she jumped in the excitement, threw her hands in the air, as a result her cell phone fell on the couch luckily. She ran across the lanes announcing everywhere about her love and dear hubby's homecoming, little did she know, her father already received his official casket loaded with his personal stuffs by group of other officers, few weeks prior, in her absence.

Next day, her face glow had no bounds not because she just bathe but her hubby could arrive any moment, after 8 long years. She pulled our lavender shade Banarasi silk from her closet, gifted by her hubby on the event of their one month anniversary and in no time, she draped it around herself. She hooked up her short depth light weight mangalsutra, which was initially hooked by Randhir around her neckline while Pandit was chanting all required mantras. As she spread vermillion slightly at the centre of her forehead, she reminisced the evening of her marriage - that knot ceremony, that kanyadaan moment, hooking up short depth light weight mangalsutra along her neckline, that moment when he spread vermillion slightly at the centre of her forehead and a pinch of it fell on her nose, accidently and his shrugging of his nose to her's without anyone's notice in everyone's presence. Essh! She blushed hard as she re-winded his flashback.

And then, there was a knock at the door! Closing her eyes, she spoke within her breath 'Randhir!' as she rushed to open the door. 'Papa, mein darwaza khol rahi hu. Btw, aap ne yeh white color ke kapde kyun pehna hai?' She enquired her father who walked out of the room slowly, with no emotions pulled up over his face. To her surprise, bunch of neighbours who were invited by his father a day prior wore same colored outfit as that of her pappa. She found herself to be on tenterhooks. With the slow triumphs of the national anthem followed by parade of Army Soldiers, they brought in Randhir's cold body draped in Tricolor Flag. She was all stoned and all her reflexes failed to react. He divorced her in a good way, labeled her as a divorcee and a wife of Lt. Col Randhir Singh Shekhawat. That day, her father felt pride on his daughter's choice & his son-in-law's selfless sacrifice for the nation and decided never to accuse him ever. Deep down in her heart, she felt worthy enough to be his wife and his part of life. The guy who always carefree by his heart soon became responsible and mature enough to sacrifice his life for his long found mother - India.

Maybe, every family in this country whose bread earner works for Forces has devoted their entire life to this country. There exist people on every damn border of India giving up their sleep, putting their life on the stake, far off their families, just to give safe and secure place for us to stay. Even their family go through same pain, not able to meet and touch them for ages. Their love ones are clueless because they may or may not return. We all are aware of the viral video of BSF Jawan Constable Tej Bahadur Yadav and the quality of the food they were served, all across social media. And what was the outcome : he was shifted to another location without required and essential actions been taken. It's high time for the Indian government official to be considerate towards the fact, all those men across the border and their family should exactly get what they deserve, rather than turning them down.