Not So Welcome Back

Start from the beginning

"I-I just had a small cramp t-that's all," I gasped out.

"Small? That was nothing close to small."

The blinding pain lingered a bit before slowly started to fade. "I'm fine Sasuke." His eyes narrowed once more but he sighed and helped me to my feet.

"Naru I'm worried about you. You've been acting strange since that day in the ASB room. You were all," He gestured to me, "timid and you seem sick..." He grabbed my hands and stared at me in the eye, "Please baby tell me what's wrong."

I looked down and played with his hands, admiring the smooth texture. "I... I'm not ready to tell you yet Sasu. I'm sorry." I whispered.

"What do you mean? We tell each other everything."

"Well sometimes I want to keep things to myself Sasuk-," My phone vibrated on the table and Gaara's face came up. Damn it.

I went to grab it but Sasuke beat me to the punch, grabbing it first. "What's so damn important about Gaara that you can't answer me?"

"He's gonna be worried about me," I insisted, making a grab for the phone but missed.

"I am worried about you! You've been distant and haven't been speaking to me. You have been avoiding me, admit it."

Irritation clouded my mind despite the fact that he was right, "Sasuke you're being selfish."

I failed again to snatch the phone, "I'm not being selfish, I want to spend time with the person I love! I've been gone for two months and you can't even give me answers as of why you've been avoiding me?"

"Do you have to be so difficult?! You're always treating me like property! I don't always have to obey you! I'm not your fucking dog Sasuke!"

"I'm not treating you like a dog! I just want to know why you're changing."

"Well I haven't changed, are we done now?" I gave him an exasperated look.

"No we're not done!" The phone vibrated again and Gaara's face came up again. Fuck, he's gonna be so worried. He might cuss me out for not responding. "Why the hell is he blowing you up?" I anxiously watched as he inserted the pin and was about to try to take it again but his body was turned away from me. Hopefully Gaara didn't mention anything about the baby.

"Wh-what did he say?"

His eyes flashed to me holding a mixture of emotions. "Naruto why are you and Gaara talking about babies?"

My heart skipped a beat when I couldn't remember the last text I sent him, "Uh it's for Ino." I'm so sorry Ino. "She said she might want to adopt so me and Gaara have just been talking about it."

He glanced down at the phone before settling his eyes back on me, "But he asked if you and your baby are okay. What does he mean?"

Got damn it Gaara! "He's talking about you." I rushed.

"Then did he not know I was on a field trip? Didn't you tell him the day before I left?"

His questions were starting to get to me and I felt my stress build. "Yes I did, why?"

"Because he said he'd check up on us but I was gone." Fuck, he's putting his Sherlock skills to use right now.

The phone buzzed again and I silently cursed the redhead. "Here, I'll say something to him." I reached for the phone but noticed that he tensed. I paled, "What'd he say?" I whispered, feeling my eyes burn with unshed tears. His hand trembled and he seemed lost in thought. "Sasuke?" He started to breathe deeply and it worried me more.

"Naruto." His eyes were glossy and it concerned me even more. "As impossible as it is... are you...?" I gasped and covered my mouth as the hot liquid flowed down my cheeks. His blood red eyes pierced me before they landed on my stomach. A hand neared me but I grabbed it. I don't know why I'm resisting since he knows but I'm scared of what he'll do. "You are?"

I began to sob, "I'm so sorry Sasuke. Kurama told me to tell you and I didn't. Please don't be mad at me."

His hand balled into a fist and he tossed my phone before grabbing me and pulling me close to him. "Mad? I'm furious." He growled between clenched teeth.

I broke down and cried harder. "Sasuke I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell me? The last time we had sex was two months ago so you've known this for at least a month right?" I hesitantly nodded against his chest. "Why wouldn't you have told me Naru?" He pulled me away from him and started pacing. I could see him getting angrier with each step. "Why the fuck did I have to find out by a message?" He stopped and glared at me, "Did you even plan on telling me that you were carrying our child?"

"I-I was."

"When?"

I looked away, "I don't k-know when." I got out between hiccups.

He looked enraged then began to pace even more, "The fact that you would've hid my child from me until I finally caught you is so fucked up." He stepped up to me and made me shudder through my tears. "Don't you think I want to know what goes on in my baby's life and that I want to know when there's memorable moments that I want to be a part of? How much were you going to make me miss?" He glared at me but his gaze softened and he sighed before letting his attention rest on my stomach. "...Can I feel my baby?" I took a deep breath and nodded to avoid breaking down in tears again. When his hands lifted my shirt then landed on my stomach, he was gentle and I could feel the love in his touch. I covered my mouth to hold back my sobs when he smiled. "You're so big already." There was silence before fearful eyes met mine. "I meant about the baby."

I gave a wavering smile, "My mood swings aren't that bad...yet."

He chuckled before whispering, "Wow. How did this even happen?"

Remembrance of what I forgot to tell him after two months came back to me. "Uh I'm not sure but during our... session, Kurama spoke to me and told me I was in heat. That might have something to do with the pregnancy but I'm not sure. I've tried to talk to him again but he ignored me."

"You were in heat?"

"Yeah, but it only lasted for a few days. I was uncomfortable and hot for some nights while you were gone but I eventually managed."

"You missed me the moment I was gone huh?" Annnd he's back. Conceited bastard. I didn't respond but smiled against his lips when he gave me a firm kiss. "Although I'm just a bit upset with you, I'm so happy you're carrying my child." His hands trailed to my back and rubbed soothing circles. "I can't imagine how many hardships you went through while I was gone. Now I'm kind of thankful that Gaara checks up on you." I smiled and rested my head on his chest but he stilled. "Wait, if Gaara knows... then your friends know too, don't they?"

"Yes."

He let out a frustrated sigh but held me tighter, "All I can do now is spend the rest of my time with you. Two months down, seven more to go."

I cringed, "Uh actually, Ino said my pregnancy might be advanced due to Kurama. We're not sure but my expected symptoms are coming faster than they should."

"That's a good thing right?"

"Both good and bad."

"Why is it both?"

"It's good because that means the torture will be over quickly and it's bad because of the torture itself."

I could practically feel Sasuke's smirk through his chuckle, "Don't worry babe," He kissed my forehead, "I'll be here to help you." God what would I do without him.

Omfg that sucked major ass. I'm sorry I'm not romantic and fluffy like that... It's highly awkward... I feel really bad about not being able to update and when I did it was a sucky chapter... Hopefully my next one will be more fulfilling... Byiee!😍😚