And then she stalked off, leaving the family dumbfounded— all except Kol, who was grinning.

"That's my girl."

▽▲▽▲▽

Once the Mikaelsons had re-entered New Orleans, they headed off in different directions— all having a part to play.

Freya had gone with Kol, Hayley and Rhea to the old bell tower that Freya had taken a liking to when she first arrived in New Orleans. The place was dusty and in desperate need of some TLC.

"All clear, Freya." Hayley informed them as they entered.

Kol looked around in disgust, "This is where you absolutely had to do a locator spell?"

"Well, when I first moved to New Orleans, I primed this space. Marked it with my magic, made it mine." Freya replied as she laid a map across the table.

"You realise you're making us targets by doing it here, right? This.. place may be yours but this is still Marcel's city, we're sitting ducks here." Rhea asked with a raised brow. There was tension brewing between her and Freya, ever since Rhea had outsmarted her about Niklaus' whereabouts, Freya had been determined to be the one to find her brothers exact location, alone.

The truth is Rhea still held a deep hatred towards Freya, five years had given everyone time to heal— but Rhea would never forget, she would never forget that Freya and Elijah took away her best friend. Her sister.

"All the more reason to let her get to work," Hayley started, looking between Kol and Rhea, "The sooner we find Klaus, the sooner we get out of here."

Freya made a noise, "It won't take long." She informed them, slicing her finger so that her blood spilled onto the map of New Orleans.

▽▲▽▲▽

"Kol, what're you doing?" Rhea asked with a chuckle, he had suddenly picked her up and carried her bridle style out of the bell tower before vamp-speeding his way through the city— only stopping when they were at his intended destination.

"Only place in New Orleans where we're safe." He told her before finally putting her down, she looked around— they were in her apartment. Nothing had changed, because no one could enter. She had spelled it so that no one apart from her, Ares or a Mikaelson could enter not long after Davina's death. She wanted to keep the place, it held too many good memories.

"Don't we have somewhere to be?" She questioned, brow raised. 

Kol smirked, "Technically we have about twenty minutes until we have to be at Rousseaus." He told her with a shrug.

The room fell deadly silent for precisely seven seconds until they both pounced. Lips attaching themselves to each other for the first time since awakening, the euphoric high that never faded still ever so prominent.

His hands gripped her waist tightly whilst her own found their way to his hair, tugging on it in anticipation. Their lips moulded together, like two perfect fitting puzzle pieces, the feelings that coursed through their veins sent both their emotions into overdrive, a feeling they knew only the other could bring out.

In a flash, Rhea's back hit a nearby wall and she gasped out in both pain and pleasure— welcoming both. Her legs found their way round his waist in a vice-like grip. They pulled back momentarily for air, Kol took the opportunity to pull her shirt over her head— careful not to rip it as they would both be pretty screwed if they were to start walking the streets of New Orleans topless— they would surely be found in a heartbeat.