•We Go Together•

It was a bittersweet day, the last day as a high school student. It all seemed surreal but it sunk in shortly after the principal finished her announcement.

The day had gone by fast and now, Putzie and I were on the ferris wheel. "Still my best friend, right?" I ask, looking to him. He smiled, "of course, Lilly-Mae."

I glare at him, "don't make me tell Kenickie." I chuckled and he sighed, "alright, alright." He smiled and the ride came to an end, Kenickie was waiting for me. "Talk to Riz?" I ask, not bothering to hide the jealousy from my voice. He kisses my cheek, sliding an arm around my neck, "Lilly-Mae, you're the only woman for me."

I giggle, "I'll make an honest man out of you." I wink and he kisses me before we meet up with everyone else. Kenickie and I really couldn't get enough of each other today, I really wasn't paying any attention to everyone else.

"What will we do after graduation?" I heard someone ask. I looked up to Kenickie, my eyes asking that same question.

"Maybe will never see each other?" Jan asked, worried. "That won't happen." Danny reassured. "How do you know?" Sonny asked.

"What do you mean, how do I know?" Danny asks, sarcastically. "A wop ba ba lu mop."

"A-wop bam boom." The rest of us finished with a smile. I smiled up at Kenickie, who pulled me to my car, "where to next, kid?" He asked, getting in the driver's side.

"I don't know, I'd go anywhere with you, though."

He smirked and pulled out if the school parking lot for the last time before graduation.

•••

{officially edited March 23, 2018}