Prologue

The first chapter of my newest book is finally finished. WARNING: It may be a bit sad. I hope you like it. And by the way I don't own the pic.

The sun was slowly rising above the mountains in the forest. Birds started to sing and the alpha of the wolf pack left his den. The alpha was a black wolf with a white stomach and front paws. He had red eyes and his name was Sirius. He was the fastest and strongest wolf of the pack. The others of his pack were soon following him and the alpha female sat down next to her mate. Sirius' mates name was Shira. She had brown fur and blue eyes. Shira is also a good hunter. In the pack were two smaller wolfs, the older one was a female and the younger one a male wolf. The female's name was Joy. She was black with a white stomach and front paws like her father but had blue eyes like her mother. She was always happy and liked to run around with her younger brother. The male's name was Shadow, he's a bit taller than Joy and has black fur and he had crimson eyes. The muscular black wolf is also strong and is a good hunter like his mother. They were the offspring of the two alphas. The two younger wolfs were almost grown up but were still playing around like puppies. Then there were two more male wolves and one female wolf. The second female was Pepper. She's the sister of Sirius and has black fur and yellow eyes. Pepper is a bit shy but if you annoy her too much than you better run. The oldest wolf is Afran. He is the father of Shira and has brown fur and yellow eyes. Because of his age he's really intelligent and he thought Sirius everything he knew. The youngest of the already grown up wolfs is Jax. He is Sirius' younger brother and kind of a trouble maker. 

Sirius walked through the forest and his pack followed him. After five minutes he raised his head and sniffed the air. "Do you smell something?" Shira asked as Sirius sniffed the ground. "Deer and it's not far from here." Sirius said and looked back at his pack. "What are we waiting for let's go." Joy said before her stomach growled. "Then let's go." Shira said and everyone nodded. Sirius sniffed the ground and followed the scent of the deer while his pack was following him. After fifteen minutes of tracking Sirius stopped and looked at the clearing which was now before the pack. In the middle of the clearing a group of deer grazed and Shadow licked his lips. 

"Okay Joy, Pepper you two will break them up." Sirius commanded. "Fine." Joy said and looked at Pepper. "My favorite part of hunting." Pepper said and waited for Sirius to continue. Shadow's ear twitched as he heard a stick snacking and he looked into the shadows of the forest where the sound was coming from. "Jax, Afran and I will lead them to the forest where Shira and Shadow will be waiting." Sirius said and Shira nodded. "Okay." Afran and Jax said at the same time. Sirius looked at Shadow as he waited for his response. Shadow however was looking to the other side of the forest and it didn't seem like he payed attention. "Shadow!" Sirius said a bit louder, causing Shadow to look away from the shadows and to his father. "What?" Shadow asked. "You and your mother will wait for us to lead the herd to you. Understood?" Sirius asked and Shadow nodded. "Yeah understood." Shadow replied and looked once more into the shadows of the forest before he ran off with his mother. 

Sirius, Afran, Jax, Pepper and Joy got into positions to ambush and crept closer to the herd. Without making a noise they got closer and closer. Sirius looked at Pepper and Joy and signaled them to go. Pepper and Joy nodded and leaped out of the bushes and ran at full speed to the herd. The herd started running and Sirius's team ran out of the forest and lead the herd to the other side of the forest where Shadow and Shira were waiting. 

Shadow and Shira where hiding behind bushes and Shadow couldn't get rid of the feeling that something bad is going to happen. "Shadow!" Shira said as she jumped out of the bushes to kill their prey. Shadow shook his head and was about to ran after his mother as he suddenly heard gun fire and a yelp. Shadow froze as his mother hit the ground in front of his eyes. The pack also saw Shira falling to the ground and stopped their running. Anger was written over Sirius' face and he looked into the forest but before he could react, ten humans ran out of the forest with guns in their hands and aiming for his pack. "Run." Sirius yelled and the pack did what he said and run into the forest. Two humans took Shira away and the other eight followed the wolf into the forest. Shadow still hid behind the bush and waited for the humans to back off but instead he heard screams of agony coming from his pack. He would have ran out and killed the humans but he knew that he wouldn't have a chance against them.

*time skip*

It was almost dark as Shadow decided to go back to his den. "Please let them be okay." Shadow whispered as he ran back to his home. He dashed into the den but nobody was inside. Shadow ran out of the den and climbed onto the rock which was a few feet behind the den. As he reached the top he threw his head up and let out a long, loud howl. He waited for someone of his pack's answer but the forest kept quiet. Shadow, not accepting that he was the only survival of his pack, throw his head up once again and howled even louder and longer but again no answer. He finally realized that his family and pack was gone forever. He climbed down the rock and ran into his den. He went to the end of the den and laid down, putting his paws over his snout and cried himself to sleep.

I hope you like the book so far. I will update the next part as soon as possible but it could take some time because I'm really lazy. 
Until next time.