[ 58 ] signal fire

Start from the beginning

       "Protect me," the Sky warrior scoffed.

       "One day, hopefully, you'll understand what I did," Clarke said.

       "Never." Octavia looked at her with hard eyes. "I'll fight this war with you now because I want our friends back. But after that, we're done."

       Jinny smirked in satisfaction. Then Indra quickly walked over from the back, catching up to them. "The Commander's looking for you," she informed Clarke. When the blonde was gone, she turned to Octavia. "What was that about?" she asked lowly.

       "Clarke's trying to reassign me to the rear guard," Octavia replied candidly.

       "You're a warrior. You'll be in the mines with me," Indra asserted. "I know it bothers you. They knew about the missile."

       "And you're okay with that?" Jinny questioned with an arched eyebrow.

       "Indra, they almost killed you." Octavia looked back at the Chieftain with a frown. "How could you not hate them?"

       "They didn't do anything. The enemy did," she responded. "Lexa's a great Commander because she's ruthless. That's why we'll win this battle."

       "That's wrong," the girl insisted.

       "That's war," Indra told her, then faced the front and threw her sword in the air with a loud battle cry falling from her lips

       "That's war," Indra told her, then faced the front and threw her sword in the air with a loud battle cry falling from her lips. The other warriors surrounding them quickly took up the signal, and the trees soon reverberated with their combined voices that thundered in the wake of their march. Octavia glanced at Jinny before thrusting her sword in the air and following after her mentor.

       Jinny turned towards her guards. "If you wanna scream too, I'm not stopping you," she said with an amused smile that Monroe returned.

       "I'll pass, ma'am," Banks quipped, but Minho suddenly let out a drawn out yell from the back of the group.

       Everyone turned to him with incredulous expressions. "What?" he asked with a shrug when he was finished. They shook their heads and continued on their way.

━━━━━━━━━━━

       "Welcome, Skaikru. Join us," Lexa greeted as they entered her tent. Jinny quirked an eyebrow, noticing that Clarke was getting more and more attached to the Commander. They hadn't left each other's sides ever since the missile attack.

       Jinny strode inside with the rest of her guard detail trailing along and Clarke gave her a small nod that the Lieutenant Commander refused to reciprocate. Instead, she merely stood in front of Lexa and held her hand up to David. The Chief Guard placed a metal cylinder in her hand which she carefully brought up in front of her. "Hydrazine, to blow the lock," she informed. "Compliments from Raven."