Inspiration (Rarishy one-shot)

(Note: this story is from my dA, I just copy and pasted it)

Fluttershy was standing in the seemingly quiet Carousel Boutique, helping Rarity fit an outfit. While you would think it would be very tedious and painstaking for the yellow pegasus, but she was actually enjoying herself. And there was one reason why. Rarity. Whenever Rarity was in her presence, everything just seemed, well, enjoyable. While she still harbored a bit of a crush on her close friend Pinkie Pie, from their previous relationship, she couldn’t deny her major crush on Rarity.

She noticed a beautifully designed jewel necklace resting upon Rarity’s sewing counter. It looked relatively familiar. Fluttershy knew what to do next.

She cleared her dry throat, “Um, Rarity?”

The unicorn looked up at her through her designing glasses, levitating a few pins with her magic.

“Hmm…Yes dear?” she asked softly, in her light accent that just made Fluttershy melt a little inside.

“If you don’t mind my asking, how did you come up with that necklace? It’s very stunning….” She replied, letting her voice trail off.

Rarity gave a soft laugh, “Of course not Fluttershy. You were really my inspiration, with your love for nature and all.” Rarity couldn’t help but smile as she told her this. She also harbored feeling for her best friend as well. But that was just it, as her best friend she wasn’t sure how she would respond to her feelings.

Fluttershy blushed a little at this, and smiled, “Well, I’m glad I could serve as your inspiration. It really is beautiful.” She was still eyeing the necklace. After what Rarity told her, she got a twinge of courage.

“Oh, um, Rarity? I-I was wondering, if you wanted to maybe meet me at the bridge tomorrow. If you want to that is…” her voice trailing off once more.

Rarity smiled, “I would be delighted to Fluttershy”

Fluttershy smiled as well. She hoped tomorrow would be the day. No. She knew tomorrow would be the day