Tryouts

I pick my head up to see a tall, lightskin, with blonde curly tips standing in front of me.

"Are you new here, because I haven't seen you around here before?" He asks with a small smile on his face.

Man this guy is fine I thought to myself.

"Umm, yea just moved here a few days ago" I say looking down shyly because I always get shy when I talk to guys.

"Oh thats cool, well I am Lamelo, but everybody just calls me Melo" Melo says as he smiles showing his mouth full of braces.

"I am Mackenzie, but my friends call me Kenzie, but i don't really care either or is cool" I say smiling 

"Well do you need help finding the office?" Melo says as he smirks. 

"yea" I say.

We start walking to the office and soon we walk up to a glass door that has office painted in the front of it.

"Hi i am new here, so I need a schedule" I say to the front desk lady

"Name?" The lady at the front desk asks not even looking up from her computer.

"Mackenzie Williamson" I say 

"Oh here you go.... ohhhh Lamelo nice to see you." Finally looking up to hand me my schedule but noticing Melo was standing right by me. 

"Hi" Melo says looking a little uncomfortable.

"Lamelo should be able to show you where most of your classes are seeing you to have a lot of them together." She says giving me a uneasy grin.

We walk out and Melo takes my schedule out of my hand and we realize we have all classes together expect 5 period which is an elective class. We walk into first period together and all eyes are on us because we were late to class. 

"Ohhh Mr. Ball how good of you to show up to class" Mr. Wilson says looking at Melo. "And who do we have here?" Mr. Wilson asks looking directly at me without even blinking. 

"Mackenzie" I say 

"Ummm late on your first day I see, not a good first impression. Take a seat next to...ummm....Lamelo." He says scanning through people for me to sit by but finally finding one. 

___________________________________________________________________________

-Skips to end of the day-

RRIINNGG

"Kenzie wait up!" Melo says running up to me "Are you going to tryouts"

"Yea I used to play in Washington"  I say walking to the gym

I finally approach the locker room and he tells me good luck and I will be watching. Whatever that mean't. I was just trying to focus on my drills that I practiced for hours and my spin moves, my layups, my jump stops, and my form. I mean I had to be the best for me, my dad, my brother, and especially my mom. 

"Hey I never saw you before you new here" I hear behind me and I turn around to see a girl with curly hair and she was pretty tall considering I am only 5'3. 

"Yea I am new" I say looking up at her.

"Well I am Jayden, and a sophomore" She says confidently. I liked how confident she was and I knew that me and her would get along just fine.

"I am Mackenzie and also a sophomore" I say laughing but also saying it confidently.

"Well Mackenzie I hope you can ball because to make it on Chino Hills team you have to be great not good, especially to make Varsity." She says making me feel a little worried but not to much because I knew I was good but was I good enough to make the team..

"I hope so" I say putting my basketball clothes on.

Jayden and I walk out of the locker room talking about basketball and what we need to do to make sure we make varsity

Jayden and I walk out of the locker room talking about basketball and what we need to do to make sure we make varsity. We walk into the gym and I get a basketball out of the cart and I start doing on of my drills. 

Whistle

"Ok lady's first we are going to start with ball handling" The Lady yelled. 

Slam

I turn to see Melo and a few other people walk into the gym and sit on the bleachers right in the middle. That is what he mean't by I will be watching you. 

"Ok lady's lets go!"

Whistle (did video on the bottom)

Jayden and I partnered up together and we both said it was easy I mean I do this for fun at home.

"Ok lady's now defensive drills and especially the lockdown defender." (did the bottom)

"now late but not least shooting" The coach said (Did the bottom video)

Swish every time I shot. 

"Dang girl you good" Jayden says beside me. "I think you have somebody's attention too!" she say under her breathe not trying to be loud. I turn my head to see Melo looking at me we made eye contact and it was like I couldn't turn away even though I wanted too. 

Whistle

"Ok lady's good job today some of you and others not so good but the teams will be up tomorrow morning." the coach said

Jayden and I start walking out and then I get stopped by someone, I turn my head to see Melo.

"congratulations!" he says with a big smile on his face.

"For what?" I say looking at Jayden and then back at Melo.

"For making Varsity" He says so confidently. 

Was Melo right or wrong find out in the next chapter that is coming out soon I promise. Leave comments because I do read those and vote.