Our Rights

We speak up, we get shot, it's pointless to make a point in this duel artless world.
Children afraid to be who they wish, growing up thinking that being trans is a sin.
A world of darkness, that has no color, when God says love all not just the normal.
The different grow up to hide, not speak up; scared of being shot if ones love shows.

Everyone worships a man with power, but the real power is in the ones who advocate, who take a stand and don't hide behind the white wealthy man.
No hate, just love, we only want to be accepted into this cruel world because something in our hearts shine way brighter than the sun.

Fighting us, punishing us, killing us left and right. You say Gay marriage is a sin, but isn't murdering your own kind?

Hypocrisy, lies, the news and everyone else hides the truth.

RIP Orlando, your fatal deaths.
RIP trans kids who were killed because they were THEMSELVES.
RIP to the same sex marriage ended to soon, because someone thought a bullet in their heads was better than happiness.

This world says killing is wrong but over looks the murders everyday that goes on. Especially the ones involving lgbt+ because this world thinks we can't be us.

Schools refusing to let them learn. Refusing to let them feel safe.
Our own president making it unsafe for transgender children to walk home everyday.

We have to take a stand. We have to know our rights, please stand up with me and fight. One man can bring fear.

But hope is stronger and as long as there is hope, fear stands no chance, stand up and fight, because now it's not to just be free, WE ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR LIVES.

- Dakota Killian
2017