T W O

District Five wasn't far away from the Capitol - Eleanora so rudely woke me up early the next morning, yelling that we had already arrived.

"Wear something nice! First impressions are very important!" she sang as I tumbled out of bed and groggily opened my closet. It didn't take long for me to find a dress I liked, with all the options I had available to me. The top half was plain white, with white lace half-sleeves, and the skirt was a dark blue and began at my waist, reaching around mid-thigh. There was a thin black belt that I tied around my waist. Slipping into some matching dark blue sandals, I brushed my teeth and hair, splashed some cold water onto my face to wake me up just that little bit more and walked out, my locket still secure around my neck and my reaping outfit abandoned on the floor of my room.

I barely made it to the dining room before Eleanora was rushing us out into the train station and to wherever we were going to make ourselves look 'pretty'. Bolt and I smiled and waved obediently at the crowd before being shuttled into a clean white building. High-pitched screams were bouncing off of the walls and Bolt and I exchanged bewildered looks. Were we going into the Games already?

Desiree lead me to a room labelled 'District Five, Female' and shoved me in, whispering 'good luck' into my ear before shutting the door. I turned around and screamed when I found that there were 3 other people in the room; 2 girls and a boy to be exact. One of the women had cherry red skin, dyed red hair and basically red everything, while the other was a patchwork of different colours - orange, white, black, anything you could name, she wore. The male was a bit more lowkey than his counterparts - bold purple hair and lipstick. His obvious, defining feature were the tattoos that decorated his dark skin.

"Oh, don't be scared honey!" the tomato quickly reassured me. "My name is Cherry, and this is Aurora and Ink. We're your prep team - our job is to get you prepared for your stylist!" she explained. Their names were incredibly fitting for what they looked like, and I distantly wondered whether they had been born with their names, therefore spurring their bizarre appearances, or whether they had changed them to suit what they looked like.

"O-okay," I stuttered, still giving them wary looks. Those looks turned deadly when they told me to strip out of my dress and lie down on the table. 'Waxing', they claimed. Still giving them distrustful looks, I did what they asked for, and soon I was lying down on the cold table in only my undergarments, three capitolites surrounding me.

The next few hours were a thoughtless blur for me. I could hear screams echoing through the room as Cherry ripped wax strips off of my tender skin, and suddenly I learned why everyone else had been screaming as well. While Cherry was busy clearing my body of all unneeded hair, Aurora was tending to my face (tingling face masks, softening creams, brow plucking, you name it she did it) and Ink was clipping my nails. Then they forced me into a bath filled with a liquid that made my still sore skin burn even more. Following that was makeup - I could feel Aurora carefully brushing eyeshadow over my eyelids, swiping eyeliner across of them and applying mascara with strange precision, while Cherry was in charge of general facial makeup - foundation, concealer, lipstick, blush, other makeup-y things I didn't know the names of - and Ink was applying painted fake nails onto my fingers, one by one.

"Alright - done!" Aurora cheered.

"You can open your eyes now, Electra," Cherry said softly. I obliged, staring into the mirror in front of me. Silver coated my eyelids, which were framed with long, voluminous lashes, and I could just barely distinguish the flick of white eyeliner amidst all the glittery silver shadow. Foundation combined with concealer hid all the imperfections on my face. Sparkling silver lipstick coated my surprisingly moisturized lips. I lifted my nails to see perfectly shaped fake nails placed onto them, also covered in shimmery silver nail polish. Everything was silver.