Poe.

poe sat in the uncomfortable hospital waiting chair as finn was hooked to life support. the doctors said it was a priority to keep him alive before they diagnosed him with anything, so poe took his seat in the plastic chair and had been waiting there for about three hours.

poe was terrified, and didn't want to loose finn, but he was trying his best to make it look like they were just friends. just really, really good friends.

he scanned the waiting room, desperately looking for a distraction.

nothing.

he breathed in and out, his chest caving in as a doctor stepped out into the waiting room.

"dameron, poe?" he asked, looking around. poe shot out of his seat. the doctor gave him a look of pity and motioned him into the other room. poe wiped his sweaty palms on his pants and followed the doctor.

"please, take a seat." he said, and poe followed. the doctor sat in his large chair and looked at the clipboard in his hands. "you are the next of kin to finn, correct?" poe nodded.

the doctor took off his glasses. "mr. dameron, here at the san francisco hospital we try our hardest to make sure every life here comes alive and leaves alive." he said, folding his hands onto his desk. "but sometimes, we aren't that lucky."

por narrowed his eyes. "what're you trying to say?"

the doctor sighed. "we couldn't save him, mr.dameron."