Poe.

it was winter.

it was winter, and poe could legitimately not care less about what day it was, he could hardly keep track of the year.

alas, it was nineteen sixty four, and poe could remember because his parking ticket had the date on the top.

"december twenty fourth," it read; a constant reminder of poe's loneliness on such a holiday.

in poe's opinion, christmas was a sham anyways. an excuse for companies to swindle civilians with deals on cheap products that weren't even deals. if people really wanted to celebrate christmas, they could go sleep in a small, dirty manger in the middle of modern day pakistan.

the closest thing poe had to family, a friend, even a mere acquaintance, was his neighbor, finn.

the attractive boy who poe has talked to a total of zero times.

that's not true. poe once nodded at him when they exchanged glances walking into their apartments at the same time.

oh, what a day.

poe wished he knew his neighbor better. he also wished he could pin him to a wall and fuck him so hard he wouldn't be able to walk straight for days.

unfortunately, it was nineteen sixty four, and people all over the country were being persecuted for being homosexual, for being like poe.

poe moved to los angeles because he knew the city was a liberal goldmine. a perfect place to lie low as a pot-smoking homosexual. he even flew a small rainbow colored flag in his bedroom.

but after lasting four months in the center of the action, poe had yet to find a friend or, for that matter, a solid-paying job.

right now he worked as an usher at the san antonio restaurant downtown, which provided poe with a three week winter break with pay, which was pretty damn sweet.

but, alas, this was going to be a long, boring winter vacation for poe dameron.