But I was wrong, very wrong. Because the next thing I knew, the paints I had planned to make beautiful portraits with, suddenly made art of its own all over my tee shirt. 

"Oh, shit, my bad!" 

I was too jaw dropped looking at my white tee shirt, which was now drenched in a mess of rainbow, to even notice that it was Noah who caused the mess. 

After our recent encounter after work the other day, I wasn't too enthusiastic to hear his response to this. Maybe a "Watch where you're going next time" then walk off or "Wow, nice shirt." then blow me off and act like nothing happened.

"Wow," he started. Did I seriously just predict this? "I'm so sorry, ma'am. I wasn't paying attention." Before I could tell him who I was, Noah was on the floor picking up the paint brushes and canvas I had dropped when we had collided. I was sort of speechless, my bolt of intoxication of the thought of the day ahead was just screeched to a stop. A very dirty, but colorful stop. 

Although I didn't bring myself to say a word quite yet, I did reach down to help Noah. But as I went down, he came up and our heads bonked. We both winced and met each other's eyes. He finally recognized me and his cheeks blossomed into red. I forced a smile to him and began to open my mouth but he interrupted me. 

"Sophia, I am so sorry. I didn't mea-" 

"It's fine," I insisted before he could blabber his apologies. I knew it was a lie, my afternoon was just ruined. "Its fine," I repeated. "I'll just go buy new ones, with the money I don't have...which I was supposed to earn with those paints." I trailed off in sarcasm, but it was the truth; however, I couldn't let Noah I was struggling.

Noah grunted over and over again, his hands fidgeting trying to decide what to do to help me. I waved him off, telling him that I got it. "No, please," Noah persisted, "Let me help you." 

I scoffed, "Oh, you've helped me plenty enough."

I could tell he was holding back a remark to that statement I'd thrown at him, but he successfully resisted. "I'm sorry, please just-"

"I got it! Stop it!" I snapped. "I don't need your help."

Silence fell between us until room E7's door popped open. "Noah?" A deep voice called, a foot barely crossing over the threshold. "Mate, is everything alright?" The man finally made a full appearance, turning toward the pair of Noah and I but not exactly looking directly at us. His gaze fell a little above our scalps, like he was staring at the "EXIT" sign that rose above my head. He was a lengthy bloke, tall and thin. His skin was a golden brown, dark brown almost black shaggy curls sat atop his head. His torso was dressed in a white tank top and his bottom with emerald green swim trunks. His face was sculpted beautifully, a well pronounced jaw line and curved cheek bones. Plump dark lips spoke the words, and I trailed up to his eyes. 

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I heard a loud crash," the stranger continued, "And I knew you were out here so I wanted to know if you're alright." He paused, "Who's with you?" His eyes still didn't move.

He was blind.

I tried my hardest not to stare but I've never came so close to someone like this before. My eyes focused on his. He was blue eyed, but the cloudiness blocked the true color of his pupils. They looked as they just needed to be shined, like an apple, so the grey smudges could disappear. But he was blind. My mind started to wander.

"Oh, hey Coop." Noah's voice brought me back.

Noah cleared his throat. "Yeah, we're fine. We just got a bit of a jumble here." He referred to my freshly stained white tee, and I glanced down at the mess as well.