I'll Be

Tobin's POV
New Years Eve is tomorrow and I really don't want to spend it in this dorm like I have the past four days. I can't leave Alex her alone and I don't know if she is ready to go out again. Things lately have been good I guess, but just bland. I can't bring myself to do anything more then hold or hug her. I mean I want to and all, but after seeing the marks that Servando left, and the pain that still I can see lingering in her eyes... I-I don't think I will be able to touch her again. She used to be so life like, she used to bring the fire to a room. I want to help her, but I am so scared I'll just hurt her more. I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better. I want my Alex back, not this one.

As I lay on my bed thinking my phone rings. I pick it up to see it's Lauren, and quickly answer.

Phone convo

"Hey Tobs how are you? Allie called and told me everything."
"I am alright Lauren it's just Alex. I wish there was something I could do to take her pain away. She seems like the life has just been sucked out of her."
Tobs you can try to fix a broken person or heart, but it is definitely not easy work. It is going to take time. All you can do is show her you care as much as you can, tell her you love her and that she means something to you constantly. Be the source of happiness in her life Tobs. Get her out, do things with her, fun things. You may be all she has Tobs, but I truthfully think that you may be all she needs.
Thanks Lauren, I can always count on you to know what to say. I need her to Lauren, that is why I had to come back. I can't bring myself to touch her though either, so how do I show her I love her.
Tobin not all love is showed through physical contact. You have a good voice and are very gifted with music, so use it. I know you have a romantic bone in your body some where, you just need to find it. Buy the girl flowers, cook her food, surprise her with notes, just give her your heart Tobin. If you truly love her, then give her your heart. I can never go wrong with following you heart babe.
Once again, you always know what to say. Thank you so everything Lauren. I don't know what I would do with out you.
That's what I am here for hun. We are family Tobs, I will always have your back. I got to go so I'll talk to you soon. Love you
Sounds good. Love you too.
End of convo

I really thought long and hard about what Lauren said and I am really wanting to just give my heart to Alex. I have a couple of ideas on how to start off showing her how I feel.

After I built the confidence up I grabbed my guitar and went into the tv room to find Alex sitting there watching Law&Order on tv. "Hey Lex you got a minute?" I asked from behind the couch. "Yeah of course Tobin, what's up?" She responded with out turning around to look at me so I decided. If I am gonna do this, I better do it now. So with one big breath I started to strum my perfectly tuned guitar.

The strands in your eyes that color them
wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath

It took her a minute but she turned around, and you could instantly see the surprise in her face.

Emeralds from mountains and thrust
towards the sky
Never revealing their depth
Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that
hang from above

I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love suicide
I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life