Edward x reader (requested)

Requested by MrsKenway25

It's been 5 days on the sea, I stand behind the steering wheel of my ship, the Nightingale. My crew all doing their jobs.

"SHORE TO THE NORTH!" one of my crew shouted from the front deck.

" then we shall head there, to see if there is a tavern near by!" I shouted, a rawr of "yars" spread over the ship. I did respect my crew as if they were my own blood.

One of my men started to chant 'Good morning ladies all' eventually we all joined in.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

We had arrived on shore and my crew sat in the closest tavern.

" y/n, I think you should come see this." My first mate said sounding worried. I nodded and followed.

The was a man unconscious, and bloody just in front of the Nightingale.

" get him on the ship and into my quarters."

"Yes y/n"
We picked up the stranger and took him in.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The man was placed on my king bed and was topless, to say he wasn't a charming fellow was a lie.

I undid his top to clean his wound. His tattoos were remarkable.his bare stomach was showing and his cut wasn't that deep but by looking at the bruises on his face and his pure red knuckles he had gotten into a fight.

I turned to put some alcohol onto the towel to disinfect his wound, a slight moan and murmur came from him as his eyes opened. His eyes were as blue as the ocean. And his teeth as white as snow.

" Where....where am I? "

"Safe, what's your name?"

"Edward... Edward kenway. Amd you?" He said as he sat up slightly looking me dead into my eyes.

"Y/n  l/n, Captain of the Nightingale." I replied smiling as I lent back waiting for the towel to soak.

Edward looked around the quarters and looked down at his chest." Well, that doest look good."

I smiled as I picked up the towel and placed it on his wound. It was better he was sat up like this. At least I no knew if the pain was bad or not.

Me and Edward spoke and agreed he would stay here till he recovered fully.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
7 days later- on the sea

" I think I'm in love... With an assassin." I said to myself as I paced backwards and forwards. I hadn't felt like this for a long time but now, now all them feelings I left behind came racing back.

A knock came on the door and opened slight showing Edwards face." May I? " I nodded and let him in.

" Y/n are you okay? You look detracted." He added as he pulled up next to me.

" I'm fine. How's your wounds?" I asked as he unbuttoned his shit and showed me his stitches that a local nurse had done. They didn't look right but Edward wasn't bothered. I nodded and he was about to buttonit up again. He looked up and smiled at me walking closer until we were as close as possible.

" Y/n..." he cupped my cheek and kissed my lips. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back,  it was a strong powerful kiss and then suddenly blood...

" Edward?" I shook his shoulder but he didn't reply, I looked down to see his wound had been opened.
" Shit!" I led him on the floor and found some thread and a needle. I patched his wound up securely now but Edward was still out.

"EDWARD please!! I love you..." I held his head close to my chest and began to cry. All these emotions came flying out from no where. I did love him... I really did...

" Y/n... I love you to..."