Chapter 2: Life of Inventing Despair- Day 1 (Shingen)

Start from the beginning

Leaving the dance studio, I searched the halls, and only found more bathrooms and classrooms, only some of the people I haven't seen yet being in them.

After seeing what should be everything now, I went back downstairs to the cafeteria. Everyone else must be checking each room by themselves. Well, at least the ones who actually care.

A while after sitting in the cafeteria, I saw Mien enter the cafeteria.

"Oh, Hello, Shingen." Mien said.

"Oh, hey Mien." I responded. "Did you need something?" I asked.

"I'll tell you if I need something." She said, glaring at me.

"Jeez, calm the fuck down." I said.

Mien sighed and sat down next to me. "Sorry. I have anger issues. I try to control them the best I can, but it doesn't really work out so well." She said.

"Oh, I feel you." I said. "I have basically the same problem." I said, and sighed. "It's hard, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Mien said. "I just hope we can get out of here soon. It sure isn't helping anything."

"Yeah, you're right." I said. "But you're the Ultimate Police Agent, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Mien asked.

"Nothing, just hopefully you can use your police skills to find out about our situation, huh?" I said.

Mien shrugged. "I guess."

"Oh, speaking of that..." I started. "Did you find anything while searching the new floor."

Mien stayed quiet for a second, then spoke up. "No." She said.

"Ah, that sucks." I said.

"What about you? See anything?" Mien asked.

"Nah. I'm nothing special with investigating stuff or anything." I said. "Just a landscaper. But I'm really mad that Monokuma put a dance studio in right after Lucy died. Asshole move."

"Yeah, you're right." Mien responded. "So, why do you carry that shovel on your back?"

"Oh, just something I treasure, kinda. It's always with me." I said.

"I figured as much." Mien said, and stood up. "Well, this conversation seems to have just run dry, so I'll go now."

"Oh, okay." I said. "Still though, I kinda think it's pretty interesting that we kinda share the same problems."

Mien nodded awkwardly and left.

Monokuma came on the screen again soon after. "Hey, I'm tired of seeing people fuck around. Come over to the gym!" Monokuma said, laughing, then got off the screen.

I left the cafeteria and went to the gym. Once everyone was there, Monokuma appeared on the stage again.

"Hello again, everyone!" Monokuma said.

"What is it now?" Anya asked.

"Well, I wanted to give you all something!" Monokuma said.

"Is this the motive?" Ren asked.

"Nope!" Monokuma laughed. "Instead, I just wanted to give you some more weapons, because it would be super boring for everyone to go only 'stab stab' for each and every murder that happens, right?" Monokuma said.

"Weapons?" Shio asked.

"Look!" Monokuma said, then disappeared, then reappeared with a giant bin full of weapons of guns, swords, and other fucked up stuff.

"There you go!" Monokuma said, laughing. "Now, it's also bedtime now, so get to bed!" Monokuma laughed and disappeared again.

"Don't even touch those weapons." Shio said, then left.

Everybody else soon left, and I just went to my bedroom after that.

I went to sleep quite fast, thinking somewhat happily for once, because I now have a person I can connect to.