Not All He Appears to Be

Finding Frost. Chapter 6.2

Not All He Appears to Be.

All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2014.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What was so urgent?" I questioned looking at Coop's cool, collected face.

He looked as if he wanted to give nothing away leaving me completely in the dark. I took that as a bad sign, if he hadn't been so urgent and if he weren't acting so weirdly then maybe I would be a little more optimistic but can you blame me? He looks like me, taking everything in and giving nothing back.

Coop sighed and looked me deep in the eye, "I found it."

"You found it? What is it exactly you found?" I asked trying to contain my excitement.

"The way to give us powers, I found how Thantos did it and I think you and Jack will be as well." Coop explained, his face changes drastically as he went on. He looked excited, ecstatic that he was the one who figured it out.

"What do I have to do?" Jack chose then to make his appearance. His white hair was even more tousled than usual, he had a windswept look to him and I could make out fine lines of liquid on his face. I'm guessing he felt the urgency of the situation and hurried. "What do we have to do?"

"Thantos was born with his powers and that, combined with his leadership abilities, made him leader naturally. Realizing that his blood was what held his power, he realized that by combining his blood and those leaders of his choosing, he was able to create the constitution, writing it in their intermingled blood." Coop explained and I saw a light bulb go off in Jack's head.

"Is that why I had to prick myself when I became the Winter Counterpart?" Jack asked and Coop nodded, obviously happy Jack understood.

"Precisely, which is why you and Gwen need to do it because you two hold the powers. Gwen, would you mind beginning to write up drafts for the new Constitution, I think that you're the best for the job. Once you have a draft, come to us and the three of us, and Sandy, can edit it." I nodded eagerly, I was excited to do this, to make something that could be a part of history.

Later that week, I found out Vanderbilt was offering me the role of Eva Peron, the lead. She told me that she wanted me to consider the role and give her an answer before she put up the finalized cast list. I accepted, feeling in a better place than I had before.

I knew my mother was out there and I was so close to finding her. Writing up the new constitution was challenging but I was happy to do it and it was certainly less frustrating than trying to figure out how to do it. Gregori had been quiet which was suspicious but I chose to ignore it and be happy. Plus, I love acting so I'm happy to be doing the show.

Alyssa and I were really becoming close, she had yet to hear from my mother but she got a message to Patty, who I had been able to meet. If I hadn't known better, I would've said she was my aunt or something. She looked that much like me, it was a little strange that everyone of us with this blood type looked similar but that could just be a coincidence. Dark hair and blue eyes weren't totally uncommon features.

"Hello?" I was sitting on the floor, going over the third draft when my phone rang. Not bothering to check who was calling, I picked up and answered.

"Gwen, it's Jacob. I just wanted to call and warn you." His voice sounded huskier than usual.

"About what?" There was something in his voice, an immediacy that cause me to put down my red pen and give him my complete attention.

"Gregori. I've been tracking his movements and getting alerts whenever he does something suspicious. There's been nothing until recently, but one of my sources says he's gone underground. He's basically disapeared which in itself means something is up but Arden has been out and around." Jacob explained.