Part 2

Waking. i sit up in my bed, my body slightly aching from 'work' yesterday. Grumbling i get up walking back into the main room, rubbing my face from my sleep.

"Seems the beast has awaken." Doc says with cheer in his voice.

"Always bright and early for school i see" i giggle back at him as sit at the bench where Doc is pouring me a bowl of cereal. "Thanks"

"Soooooo" doc drags out. "Umm, when are you working next?" He asked knowing its a touchy subject.

"Well....i kinda quit" i say shoving food in my mouth and getting a unbelievably confused face from Doc.

"What do you mean kinda?" I continued to oppress me as he packs the last of his things in his back before taking a seat.

"Well because of my 'work', they probably wont let me go that easy. But no need to worry" i say as i finish my meal and sitting it in the sink before walking towards the bathroom.

"You know we need the money right" he states in a harsh tone causing me to stop in the doorway of the bathroom.

Turning back to face him with a smile. "The money is for me to worry about ok, don't get court up in it all. Just focus on school for me, thats all you have to worry about." I continued cheerfully causing Doc to sigh in relief.

I continued back into the bathroom. With a paw full of clothes which i sit on the counter. Stripping of my shirt and pants i turn on the water to let it warm up as i stare into the mirror and giving myself a smile. Things will be ok, they always work out in the end. Once the water was hot i stripped of the rest of my clothes and step under the water letting it run over my fuzzy fur. Once again i have school. even tho its my last year and will be a struggle for me, i must do it. Not for me but for him. Resting my head against the wall i turn of the water as i let the water run off me drying before stepping out.

After changing into some new clothes i walkout. "Theres a parcel on the bench for you" doc says not looking up from his book. Walking over to the bench i read that the parcel is addressed to me. To me 'Only'. Grabbing a knife out of one of the doors I cut open the parcel opening it up looking at whats inside. "Hey Doc, shouldn't you be heading to school already?" I ask as i shit the lid.

Doc checks his watch, "yea I probably should" he grabs his schoolbag as we pounded out fists on his way out.

Opening the parcel back up i grab the letter from inside.

Matthew,
You know you cant just leave like that. So if you do this job for me I'll consider letting you go but you'll always be treated like family here, like the family you never had. We've supplied with part of the payment, you'll get the rest once the assignment. You've also received some equipment to carry out this task.
You've been assigned to kill a rival gang leaders son. He's a husky and goes to 'Rivers High', we've also provided a photo attached to the back of this letter
Boss.

I folded the letter without looking at the photo, stuffing it back in the box with the gun and ammunition they provided. Putting the lid back on i opened one of the top kitchen cabinet as if it were to be forgotten. After closing it i grabbed my bag slinging it over my shoulder before following suit and leaving the apartment and locking the door.

***

Walking upon the school grounds, i get whispers and stares as they evade my path. Its like i was a majestic beast and everything bowed as i parts, but i was anything but majestic. I used to rule the halls, when i was irrational, distorted...ruling, i may have stop. I only wish of a better life for doc. A life for myself no longer exists.

The bell rang above my head as i shut my lock, my computer back slung across my shoulders as i lent against my locker watching the wave of furs pass with my arms crossed till the halls clear. As soon as they were clear enough, i made my way to the gymnasium for Physical education.

As i was turning down a hall and heard the crunch of lockers and a scuffle, ignoring it i kept walking. Out of nowhere my ears pick up the silent whimper. "SPEAK FAGFUR" was what drummed my ears afterwords. Snapping my head around looking at the hyena before marching towards him. Quickly closing the distance between us I shove him way from the small fur dropping him to the ground as i focus on the hyena whose started bye what's happened. He goes to say something but is all that escape his mouth was a whine of pain as i brought my leg sharply up kicking him directly in the chest as he falls to the ground clutching himself.

Not wanting to stick around i quick disperse from scene, only taking a quick look over my shoulder at the small fur in a dark hood take a step towards me but stops as i disappear around the corner.