“oh my god Maya” Jace pulled me into a hug as soon as Tara let go. I let myself melt into him, I sighed in comfort, I had really missed him. It felt like I wasn’t even out for long. i wasn’t hurt that badly. I function fine right now, I was just a little stiff. “Maya there’s something you need to know” he said pulling away from me as Luke and Lucas pulled me into a hug. “And what would that be” I asked. “well um ah I, well Arrow moved in with his mate, he said to call as soon as you woke up” he rushed out in the end. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. That didn’t bother me that much, I knew Arrow would leave sometime with her and that wasn’t what he wanted to tell me , cuase Jace only panicked when there was something important to say.

“ok Jace, now what did you really want to say to me?” I asked again slowly. He looked away from me and to the side. “well due to the silver, you know how a certain type of silver can stun the wolf in you?” I nodded, I hope this isn’t going where I think It is.

“well they had that kind of silver in the bullets. So the doctor said when you get up and after 3 days you have to try and shift. We need to see your wolfs reaction to the process.  You will be able to shift, but we don’t know if your wolf will be as functional and it might be harder and more painful for you to shift.  But yet again, we have to see after a couple days. There’s a low chance of this so don’t worry”

Did he really just tell me not to worry after all of that.  He pretty much told me my wolf might not function properly. “wha- wait are you telling me that I wont be able to shift?” it wasn’t very clear but I must be able to shift.

“yea you should be able to shift. It’s your wolfs ability of movement,  speed and fighting we’re concerned about” Jace answered. I let out a breath there. “that isn’t so bad, it’s like starting over to the first time I shifted. It took a while but I can develop all those skills again. It’s like learning” I said easily. And that really didn’t bug me. yea shifting hurt the first couple times but It got better, this was just like starting over the wolf process again, I'm just glad I have my wolfy.

“yea but think about it Maya, your one of the best fighters along the were world. But how long did it take you to develop all those skills? The pack needs you and without you being able to fight we just lost a pack warrior, it will take you years to build it up again” Tara explained.

“yea but guys, it took me years because I wasn’t constantly training, I would do it normally  from time to time, this time I will do nothing but train. It will take me a year at the most. I know it sucks, but it could be worse. I have no reason to feel sorry for myself. I'm lucky that I'm living and I can shift” I reasoned with them. I was never the type to feel sorry for myself and there was lots of wolfs out there who cant even fight so I have no reason to be complaining.

“well we’re glad your taking this so good May, I bet the alpha would want to see that you’ve waken up by now. and specially his sons” Jace added. I groaned at the thought of seeing the brothers.. the last memory of them wasn’t exactly the best. It was worse than Jace’s.

“I think I’ll see them later, just tell them I’m awake and I’ll come later on” is aid trying to make it past them to my room. “not so fast there. You’ve been asleep for two weeks, you don’t need any more rest. Plus, I don’t think that they’re going to be very happy with either of us. and consider we are staying on their land here. So make the right decisions” Luke warned.

As much as I hate to admit they guy had a point. “fine I’ll go see them and then I’m leaving back to- oh yea! Is our house finished yet?” I completely forgot that the alpha let us have our own house. so now we don’t have to stay in the pack house anymore.

“no it’s still not. with all the stuff going around and you being out, everyone’s so stressed and worked up. They still haven’t got it out of your dad where Mariah is. We have him chained in the basement. But under specific alpha orders you are not to cross into that part of the house. “ Jace warned me at the end.

Like I had any interest in seeing my dad after what he did. And what about Mike? “and what exactly happened to mike?” I really hope he’s ok. He deserved the best for being the only one to help me out of there. If I wasn’t for him I would have been toast. 

“Mike is staying in one of the guest rooms. You can see him later. The alpha come first and come one. I know you’re a bit shaken from this all, but you gotta get up and going again. Things are going to calm down soon, I promise May, then you can relax and avoid people all you want” Jace said tugging me down the stairs. ‘the rest of you can go do whatever, but don’t bug us’ Jace said through the link. I waned to object but he is the alpha of this rather small pack.

I let him drag me down the stairs. I managed to avoid all the other people in the pack house and make it to the alphas door without getting noticed.  I gave Jace a small nod as a thank you as he left. I knocked on the door softly a couple of times before It opened, revealing Chris, Dustin and alpha Railington all in the same room…..

I stepped in awkwardly with my eyes glued to the floor.  I could feel all of there eyes staring at me, and it was really awkward. Alpha Railington cleared his throat and snapped me out of my thoughts “Maya is’ nice to see your awake” he commented. “it’s nice that I’m alive” I mumbled. I forgot that were’s could hear it though as everyone shuffled uncomfortably.

“yea Maya we are glad your alive” alpha Railington said, clearly amused with this. Well I think he’s the only one who finds this funny. “so uh Jace said you wanted to see me when I woke up” I said getting to the point.  The faster this was over with, the faster I could leave.

“yes, we have got you dad in the basement, it is off limits to you for now. the house you requested for your pack is still under a little bit of construction. So you guys will be able to move in in a weeks’ time. And I'm sure you’ve heard about your wolf” his voice was steady and firm although his eyes said differently. He was expecting something entirely different form me, maybe a freak out.

“yea I’ve heard about all of that. Jace filled me in. is there anything else?” I hope he didn’t get that I was rushing him, but then again I was. I could feel Chris and Dustin staring holes into my back and I wanted to run out of the room right now.

“well other than that everything is ok. My sons want t speak to you though. So I will leave the room so you guys can have some privacy” he got up from hi chair and made his way over to the door. I grabbed his wrist and laughed nervously ‘”that’s ok you can stay. There’s not much to talk about. Plus I’m tired so I think I’m going to head up stairs and take a nap” I said fast.

He tried covering his laugh with a cough but I could see his smile under it. he mouthed good luck as I glared at him as he left the room. I turned around to face Chris and Dustin staring at me intently. Well this was going to be fun.

----------------

so yea, vote and comment if you liked it, thanks.