Chapter Two: Kibo's Wish

{ Kibo's POV }

    I yawned, stretching as I sat up in my warm, comfy, king sized bed. Today was meeting day, Tuesday. A day I oh so loathed...

    Your majesty, we need to come up with a plan for battle!

    Your majesty, the supplies are running low!

    Your majesty this! Your majesty that!

    I grunted as these thoughts raced through my mind, laying back down and burying my face in my blue pillow. I'm not even the king yet! I'll only become king if my father, King Richard dies. And I don't see that happening any time soon.... 

    And to top it all off, I really hate the idea of war....

    My people, the Doragon clan, they....they don't even remember how this all started centuries ago! All we know is that humans are pest, and pest need to be exterminated. Just like mice and bugs....

    But why?

    Just as I decided I needed to get out of bed, there was a knock on my rather large wooden door.

    "Your majesty?" A voice all too familiar called out, "May I come in?"

    I grunted as a response, and in came my faithful servant, Penny. A member of the Pegasus clan. His long blonde hair was tied back in its usual ponytail, swinging against his pure white wings as he entered the room. The Pegasus clan were a rather....weak addition to our kingdom. All they can do is turn into a hoarse with wings. Not really battle worthy when we have dragons and griffins....

    So we usually just use them as servants.

    "Sir," Penny came over to my bed with a worried expression on his aged face, "His majesty, King Richard wishes to see you in the war room at once. He's declaring a state of emergency."

    "A state of emergency? Against what?" I rolled my eyes, brushing some of the silver hair out of my tired face as I once again sat up, "Comets? Has the Griffenda clan finally snapped? A volcano eruption?" 

    "The humans, sir...."

    I raised an eyebrow, giving him a look of disbelief, holding back laughter, "Oh really? What about those pest?"

    "I don't know the details, sir...." The middle aged man pointed towards the doorway, "Your father has them, Kibo, sir...."

    Sighing, I nodded, standing up and signaling my servant to leave so that I could get dressed. Once he left, I did so, looking myself over in the mirror. My lean, muscular, slightly freckled body was covered in battle scars. Those humans were getting more and more clever with those weapons of theirs....

    Once I was dressed in my usual attire, a black t-shirt with dark blue skinny jeans, a white studded belt, and a black beanie with a pair of black converse to match, I quickly made my way to the war room. Father oh so hates waiting. The scales of fallen soldiers covering the door of the war room reminded me of that....

    Cautiously, I slowly opened the giant doors, knowing that my younger brother, Axel, would attack me if I startled him, "You wanted to see me, father?"

    My father and I never were close....He was never around. So I was basically raised by servants, since my mother died giving birth to my brother.... And, when he was around, he was always in this damn war room, thinking of more ways to exterminate those pesky human beings.

    "Ah, yes, Kibo. Come here, my son"

    I obeyed, coming over and sitting in the wooden seat next to my fathers. My younger brother, Prince Axel, sat across from me, our purple eyes locking for a moment as he gave me a sly, cheesy grin.