As he stared at his boyfriend before him, he wondered why he didn't feel empty for the past months without him. There were days that he doesn't even miss his boyfriend. It was as if, the absence didn't affect him in any way. It wasn't what he expected.

"You're not listening again. So, how was it? Your stay in your parents' house, I mean."

Jihoon sighed and shrugged. "Hm, just that. Nothing important."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Jihoon paused and suddenly remembered Seungcheol was suggesting something that he didn't quite hear. "What did you suggest again? I didn't hear it."

Jihoon sipped his coffee and placed it back on the table. He squinted outside the cafe's window pane, looking at the same man a few months ago, now pasting up posters on walls that reads Missing Pet. In an instant, Jihoon recognized the cat. It was the same cat that the man kicked when it asked for more petting.

So, the cat is his pet now?, Jihoon thought. The universe really works weirdly.

Seungcheol started tapping his fingers on the table. Jihoon turned to face him. He did look nervous about something.

"Bad stomach?" Jihoon asked.

"Nah. Just nervous." Seungcheol replied.

"Hm? Why would you?" Jihoon asked again.

The tapping on the table didn't stop.

"Because I'm suggesting of marrying you."

Jihoon's mind went blank. His mouth fell down, revealing how shock he is. Seungcheol looked down, cheeks flushed at what he just said, his ears beet red.

"W-what?"

Jihoon thought he must've heard it wrong. Marrying him? Why would Seungcheol suddenly suggests they would marry even when they were just away for months? How could they possibly marry each other? What if their feelings have changed? What idiocy, Choi Seungcheol.

"I don't know. I want to live again with you in one roof, but different this time. I want to live with you more maturely, with rings as proofs that we're bound to be together. I want to live in a four-cornered room with you again and let's call it home." Seungcheol shyly explained. He even stifled a laugh, showing how nervous he is.

Jihoon rolled his eyes at how awkward his boyfriend acts when it comes to expressing his feelings to him. "Well, do you even have a ring with you?"

Seungcheol looks up, his lips quivering and Jihoon almost choked in laughter. Seungcheol suddenly fidgets and hurriedly takes out something in his pocket. With all his jiggly limbs, the thing suddenly went flying to other side of the cafe, cheekily  rolling on the floor. It was indeed, a ring.

"Could you please act like the man you are? You're making this an epic proposal, you know."

Seungcheol grinned and mouthed an apology before standing up to find the ring. When he came back, he placed the ring in the center of the table. Jihoon stared at it in awe. It was beautiful. It looked expensive.

Jihoon was to take it when Seungcheol stopped him and said, "Let me." and went to slide it in Jihoon's ring finger.

He took back his hands afterwards and continued staring at Jihoon's eyes with a dreamy look. He had his left hand supporting his chin.

"Jihoonie." Seungcheol calls.

Jihoon imitated Seungcheol and used his right hand to support his chin too as he stared back at him. They were all smiles— Seungcheol's dimple showed up to greet Jihoon's smile.

"What do you even plan when we marry?" Jihoon asked.

"Hm, I don't know." Seungcheol replied. "I just want to live with you again. I want to cuddle with you, snuggle up in our couch, steal kisses from you in the morning."

"Just that? Looks boring." Jihoon teased. He even winked at his boyfriend.

"I want this, too." Seungcheol said.

"Hm?"

"Let's get married so I could stare at you all day and contemplate how beautiful you are. Let's stare at each other's eyes and see our own reflection."

"You're cheesy. I like it." Jihoon said and chuckled.

Seungcheol grinned at him.

The universe really works weirdly— that's what Jihoon thinks. One time, you're all paws and bickering yet the next day, you're being sweet. Maybe Joshua was right.

Suddenly, all the emotions he must have felt when he was away from Seungcheol surfaced, that he just want to jump at him right now and squeeze him into a hug. All the memories, be it happy or not came back at him. It was like, for a time, he was just silently building up the emotions inside of him yet now, it decided to burst. That every kiss, every touch, every regret, every feeling of remorse towards his pretentious boyfriend were all reminders that he's indeed hopelessly in love with him.

"Hey hey— what's with your tears?" Seungcheol asked and cupped Jihoon's face. He was kissing the tears away.

"You know that I love you, right?"

"Hm. Your stares tell me so."

Jihoon rolled his eyes.

Seungcheol held his hand and gave it a light squeeze. "Let's stare at each other til sunset, Jihoonie."

"Nah. Your face is ugly."

"Couldn't you be any sweeter?!"

Jihoon leaned forward and planted a peck on Seungcheol's lips yet when Jihoon was about to sit again, Seungcheol pulled him back for a kiss.

"This is me being sweet." Jihoon said.

Seungcheol arched his brow.

"Really? I thought it was just your lips."

* * *

first ever one-shot. hope it turned out well. <3