Chapter 3: The Past

I have nothing on Kira and events that happened between Jessie and Kira in this story, as this may not be the truth of what actually did happen. I don't know them personally so I have no right to say what happened in their relationship. And what happened with Jessica Cornish isn't the entire truth either. I'm just saying, this is all fictional.

*Jessie's POV*

I woke up with a massive pain in my neck. I groaned and sat up. I looked at my surroundings and then realised it wasn't a dream. I was going to be a prisoner for three months. I rubbed the back of my neck where it hurt and looked around my room in more detail. A window! Yay! Makes such a difference when it's only 30cm long. Great. I sighed and played with my hands until I saw someone outside the cell. Amelia. Can my morning get any better?!?

*Amelia's POV*

I was full of regret about giving 3 months to Jessica but I had no choice. I passed Kane and Sam and didn't say a word. I knew I could be fired for what I did, but I didn't care. I stood outside her cell until she saw me. I gave a small smile to her but she seemed annoyed at me so I turned serious. I opened the cell and sat next to her on her small bed. Luckily she didn't speak a word. "Look I'm sorry but as an officer it's our job to confirm what orders the court say and they said 3 months so..." I stared down at my hands. That wasn't what happened at all. The court did pass a word to Kane that it should be a year but I ignored that; I was breaking the law myself. I continued. "Jessica-"

"Just call me Jessie." She looked up at me and I could see fear shoot through her eyes.

"Jessie, it's not all bad. Some people never see the sun again."

"It is when you're trying to become a famous singer." She looked back down and I stared at her.

"You sing? Come on then." I could see something was having an effect on her because she was smiling.

"Ok, I'm not that good though." She started singing a song I couldn't recognise, it must have been her own:

"I'm a red and fragile rose

Won't grow in the dark alone

Take me there 'cause I need to find the light

I hate that I'm scared of this

But you believe so I'll take the risk

Hold me and tell me I'm alright."

I got lost in her voice, it was amazing. She had a real passion for singing, I could see that by the way she performed. It's a shame she ended up here... "Um, Amelia, it's breakfast." I heard Sam's voice and returned to normal.

"Right, breakfast." I did the usual routine of locking the door after the prisoner walked out and walked with the other guards. Strangely enough though this prisoner for once had a small smirk on her face, that was very unusual for the first day. Especially when she was grinning straight at me as she walked by... I let it go and carried on walking with the guards.

*Jessie's POV*

Sigh... I wish that Amelia could see the message I was trying to get over to her. I was starting to like her, a lot. I couldn't stop my feelings they were... weird. One minute I hated her next I loved her... must be P.M.T. Sigh...

I walked on my own to the breakfast area; I didn't really feel like making friends at the moment. I got my breakfast, tea and toast if you're interested, and sat down. I ate my toast slowly and kept my gaze on Amelia. She was talking to the guards. She seemed happy, lucky person, but then again I deserved this. I shouldn't have done something so stupid. I used to be quite a nice person. Building up popularity in the US and that. I actually got somewhere too, naming myself Jessie J and calling my fans 'The Heartbeats' all was good until after my first album. I was often abused and beaten by my now ex girlfriend, Kira. It ruined me mentally and I started to spiral out of control. I couldn't cope with the music so I eventually quit it and became a drug addict. Alcohol was also a main part of my life. I stole a car and drove off, still a bit high from earlier I do admit, and now I've paid the price.

Ah well.

Good comes to those who wait, right?