05.75 ; change

The abhorrent stares. The hushed whispers. The condescending giggles. The snarky expressions. The impeding glances...

(name) could hardly cope.
It all started in early April. Two years following the transfer to Chiba and she had finally returned to Raira.
But it wasn't nearly as pleasant as she had hoped.

The first reason, was that she had realised that the people were not as friendly as she had last seen them. It seemed as though the student population had been replaced entirely; a new, cold atmosphere sauntering the halls. (name) didn't like it, not one bit.

The second reason, following on from the second, was the bullies. Every school, no matter how prestigious it may seem, encounters a pack of vile individuals who enjoy tormenting and picking on the weaker at one point. For (name), this group was the very result of the third reason for her discomfort, which could possibly be the cause of all her problems combined:

Izaya Orihara.
The name used to cause the corners of her lips to quirk up into a small smirk in reminisce of his quiet, loner personality. She could say it quite comfortably as it rolled of her tongue with a teasing note.
Nowadays, things never seemed as simple as they had been before.

And so she felt almost stupid when she approached the raven haired male, who had been leaning oh-so casually against a wall, a lazy smirk adorning his features as his red eyes stared intently at the luminescent screen in his hands.

He hasn't changed a bit...
Or so she had thought.

Introductions were always awkward, but this wasn't an introduction. She hadn't informed him of her transfer to keep it a surprise for the dork, but now that she finally looked at him again, she suddenly felt very inferior... and she wasn't quite sure what it was about him.
"Hey."
Kill me now, what was that (name)??

The auburn eyed teen glanced up at the female, the smirk on his features never dropping as he analysed the female in front of him, her (long/short) (h/c) that framed her features, nervously tugging the black skirt around her hips down while an obviously forced confident smile that brimmed with nervousness spread across her lips.

A moment of silent passed them.
"Who are you, exactly~?"

(name) choked.

"Ah, I'm just kidding (name)-chan~!" he chuckled, a grin spreading across his face as he pushed himself off the wall, facing her. "How lovely it is to be seing you again after so long~! How has life in Chiba been~? Made new friends~? Did you miss me~? How come you didn't tell me you were coming~?" He pouted playfully, the questions spilling from his lips too rapidly for her to comprehend, a nervous chuckle leashing from her behalf.

"Nice to see you too, Izaya... It's been alright I guess... and I kinda wanted to keep it a surprise, so- surprise..." She mumbled rather sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

Why am I so nervous...?

Izaya's smirk returned to his countenance, mentally noting her anxious demeanor. Oh how she had changed... she acted exactly like one of those lovestruck girls from his clique that fawned over him and it amused him. She used to be much more open and free, as far as he could remember.

"Ah well you certainly did a good job~! Let's catch up, ne~?"

And that, was the beginning of her problems.
Later on, that same week she had run into a strange group of girls. Or per se, they ran into her. At first, she had brushed them off as the typical giggling teenage girls with a high school crush over her old friend, Orihara of course... Except they were a little more persistent with it than she found healthy.
That's what she had been thinking when she was shoved against the lockers that same day.