Chapter 44

This chapter is dedicated to @miabialove Although she comments update plz (which I can't stand🙃) I know she's enjoying the story because she also votes on every chapter. She just wants me to update because she likes the story and the characters. Thank you for your support!

Chapter 44
Kim

2016

"I've missed it here." I laugh as I skip outside of my Great Aunt and Uncle's house. Algee smiles at my side.

"So this is your stopping grounds, huh?" He asks as we walk through the projects.

"Every summer since I was eight," I nod with the biggest smile. "I'm actually really happy my parents did that. Sent us here. It gave us a chance to be normal. Here we weren't fighting to be on top with other artists and entertainers. We were just regular children here. We fought and played with all of the kids here and they never treated us any different."

"It sounds great. It must have been hard when you were younger. You were born into the business," Algee says as he reaches for my right hand. I drop it and he sighs. "Don't you like me, Kim?"

"Do I like you?" I repeat and he nods. I chuckle softly as I wave to some people.

"What's funny?" He asks with an ugly frown that takes over his handsome face.

"Of course I like you, Algee," I bump my shoulder against him and he does it back. "But I want to know that we'll be together after the movie. I don't want to be together just because of the movie and we break up after."

"I completely understand," He nods. He abruptly grabs my hand with a smirk and kisses the back of it. "But I'm going to hold your hand whether you like it or not."

I roll my eyes with a smile before leading him to the Rec Center. JJ is playing basketball against Woody, Keith, Luke, Elijah, and Bryshere with her dad and brothers. Of course she's balling better than anyone and had most of the people at the Rec Center cheering for her every time she made a 3-pointer or a simple layup.

"Even pregnant, she's balling better than the rest of them." Algee smiles.

JJ shakes Keith and jumps up to dunk the ball. Will catches her just as she jumps down from the rim. The crowd goes crazy. "That's game point." JJ smiles before walking swiftly inside the Rec Center.

Lucy looks at me from the bleachers where she's sitting with the rest of our family. I nod. "I'll be back, Algee." I say and he nods.

Lucy and I make our way into the Rec Center to the women's bathroom. JJ is throwing up in one of the stalls. "Open up." Lucy knocks on the stall door.

"I'm fine," JJ calls back. The toilet flushes then the door opens. She walks to the sink and rinses her mouth. "I'm good y'all." She wipes her mouth dry.

"Maybe you shouldn't be doing so much moving," I say and she glares at me. "I'm just saying you don't want to—"

"Miscarriage. Yeah I know," she snaps. "Don't you think I've heard this already? From your mom, my mom, Aunt Steph, my dad, your dad, our uncles, and Chance?"

"We just want you and the baby to be safe." Lucy wraps her arm around JJ's shoulders.

"I know, but I'm good. It's still early in the pregnancy. I'm still going to have quote unquote "morning sickness". I'm fine," She pulls me into the hug. "Thanks for looking out for me, but I am a grown woman. I got this."

"Whatever. Let's go out there before they start to worry." I roll my eyes with a smile.

We walk out of the bathroom as the rest of the family and the guys are walking into the Center. "Damn, Algee. Looks hella fine today," Lucy says as she and JJ smirk. "You need to get at that before one of these other girls do."