Chapter 2: Stag Night and Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going out with you dressed like that." Watson replied, flatly.

"Would you prefer I joined you in the fashion folk pathway and fine military dress with the Hedonist hand-made scarf? Clearly, one of your fiance early efforts." Holmes said, with a small look of disgust on his face.

"Oh, how I've missed you, Holmes." Watson sighed, sarcastically.

"Have you? Why? I've barely noticed your absence. Then again I'm knee deep in research. Extracting fluids from the adrenal glands of sheep." Holmes said as he gestures to the scenery around you.

"And designing my own urban camouflage. All the while verging on a decisive breakthrough in the single most important case of my career. Perhaps of all time."

Watson looks over at you and asked. "Is he serious?" You let out a sigh and nod.

"I sometimes help when I'm not busy at the bookstore." You said.

"Oh, you got a job?" Watson asked.

"Well, we do need the extra money when we don't have a case. Luckily, my boss is a big fan of your stories, Watson, so if Holmes needs me, I can leave when I have to." You said as Mrs Hudson walks in.

"Mrs Hudson, how are you?" Watson asked her as she comes in with a tray, carrying a covered object.

"Oh, I'm so pleased to see you, Doctor. Thank you for inviting me tomorrow." Mrs Hudson said.

"And thank you for looking after Gladstone." Watson said as he gets up from his chair.

"Dear....dear...simply sweet nanny. Might I have a word?" Holmes said a she walks closer to her. He yanks the cloth off the object to reveal a clear glass lid holding about four white mice. "Yummy." Holmes mutters then he looks over at you and said. "(Y/N), would you be a dear and feed the snake."

"Are you mental? You know I'm deathly afraid of snakes! You feed it." You said as Mrs Hudson hands the tray to him.

"Touchy.....touchy." Holmes mutters as he walks away with the tray. You roll your eyes at him as Mrs Hudson walks over to Watson.

"Doctor, you must get him to a sanatorium. He's been on a diet of coffee, tobacco and cocoa leaves. He never sleeps. Poor (y/n) has tried to reason and talk with him but he doesn't listen." said Mrs Hudson.

"Leave him to me." said Watson.

You and Mrs Hudson smile at him when suddenly Holmes pops up behind Mrs Hudson and said. "Don't you have a goat that needs worming?"  

"Oh, how kind of you to remind me." Mrs Hudson said, sarcastically.

"So much to look forward to. What would I do without you?" She said as she walks away from the three of you.

"Good luck with your patient, Doctor." She shouted as she walks over the goat on the other side of the flat. Holmes turns to her then to you and Watson, looks over at Watson and asked. "Why are you here?"  

"I'm getting married. Tomorrow." Watson replied.

Holmes stares at him for a few seconds, blinks rapidly and said. "Oh, embrace me." And he goes and hugs Watson. Watson gives you a 'what the hell' look and you tried not to laugh in his face as you go and pull the arrow out of your shoulder.

"Watson's getting married." Holmes said as he pulls the arrow out of Watson's shoulder.

"You've lost a few pounds." Watson replied.

"Yes, and you picked them up." said Holmes as he pulls out of the hug. "Nurturing on Mary's muffin no doubt." He replied. He looks over at you and said. "Pour us a brandy, dear." And he walks away.