Chapter 28: Griffin, Sage's, and Dakota's P.O.V.

Griffin's P.O.V.

I trudged up the icy hill to Danica's house. I needed to tell her sisters what was happening because I had no doubt that the had lies planted in their heads.

Once I got to the house I knocked on the door. I was prepared for anything. Dakota opens the door and her sisters cluster around her. Her eyes widen and Sage pushes through them to me.

"Hi", I say weakly.

REALLY?! That's all you can think to say! I'm such an idiot.

Sage curls her hands into fists. Ah Oh. Before I could react she punches me so hard I hear a snap in my nose. I pray it's not broken. I hold my nose and my eyes water.

"What was that for", I say in a nasal tone from holding my nose.

I could feel blood start to rush into my hands. Just great now it's bleeding.

"Oh I don't know maybe for killing the Queen", Sage says sarcasm and venom dripping from her husky voice.

She had been crying...

"I didn't kill her", I defend.

"Oh then who did King Clark", Dakota says ignorant that she was right.

"Um well actually yes", I say awkwardly rubbing my hand up my arm.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sage's P.O.V.

I heard a knock on the door and all my sisters including myself went to see who or what it was. I mean it couldn't get any worse right? Wrong.

Dakota answers the door and I see a frozen bloody Griffin on our doorstep. He was a mess and had glass sticking out of his arms and legs. It was pretty gory but gore never really bothered me. But what did bother me was that this asshole would ever come to us. What was he going to kill us now?!

"Not on my watch buddy", I mutter under my breath so no one could hear.

My sisters and I all cluster around the door though we were still not speaking to each other. Dakota's eyes widen and I push through my sisters to get to Griffin.

"Hi", He says weakly once I'm able to get to him.

Asshole that's all he could say! I curl mu hands into fists. Before he could react I punch him so hard I hear a snap in his nose. I hope it's broken it serves him right. Griffin holds his nose and his eyes water.

"What was that for", He says in a nasal tone from holding his nose. I see see blood start to rush into his hands.

"Oh I don't know maybe for killing the Queen", I say sarcasm and venom dripping from my husky voice.

I had been crying and I hoped he didn't notice. That's all I needed was pity.

"I didn't kill her", Griffin defended.

"Oh then who did King Clark", Dakota says challenging him.

"Um well actually yes", Griffin says awkwardly rubbing his hand up his arm.

"Uh no way no how are we gonna believe that", Aura says.

"I believe it", Julianna says.

Griffin looks over at her with gratitude.

"Idiot of course it's a lie", I say to her.

Julianna's eyes burn with anger and she slaps me across the face.

"All of you have been telling me how foolish I am since we all could talk and I'm done with it. Guys I feel in my gut he's telling the truth and that Dani is alive. Now if you want proof fine but come on give him the benefit of the doubt", Julianna says.

I'm about to hit Julianna back but Dakota grabs my arms and shakes her head.

I push down my anger but I couldn't help but send Julianna a quick glare.

"Fine then what's your proof", Dakota says to Griffin.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Dakota's P.O.V.

"Fine then what's your proof", I say to Griffin.

"Uh before we start this long conversation can I come in I'm freezing and loosing bed quickly", Griffin says.

"Fine", Sage sighs like she'd rather see him freeze or bleed to death then let him in the house.

We all sit around the table in the dining room. Julianna gets up and gets some things then comes back in. What she has is medical herbs, bandages, and a large pot.

"What's that for", Aura asks.

Julianna gestures to Griffin but continues making medical things and such.

"I'm not as caring as my sister now what's your proof", I say.

Griffin explains everything that had happened to Danica and him since they first met until he arrived at this house.

"What a beautiful little tale now where's the evidence", Sage says slamming her hands on the table.

I could see Julianna believed him. Also that Aura partly believed him and Sage didn't at all trust him. But I like Aura believed him partly because it all made sense yet I would like some sort of proof.

He explained that he hadn't yet even been at the castle when the death of the Queen occurred and that he couldn't possibly be lying because Dani and him were too far away to have traveled that quick.

"Okay fine but how'd they get your sword", Aura asks.

"I have two swords one was with me the other I left home and that's the one that was used to slaughter his mother", he says.

"Not to mention I was risking my life in the forest to save her not kill her", Griffin says.

I believed him and so did Aura and Sage. Though Sage still didn't like him.

"So Dani's part of a prophecy and the pure blood ancestor of Queen Crystal", Julianna says in awe.

"That would mean we all are too but Dani is just the one destined to be Queen", Aura says.

My head was swimming with thoughts. Danica Queen?