Chapter 1

I could hear the sirens from the distance , glass shattered everywhere.

there was a huge pain in the back of my head as i tried to move but a shooting pain went up my arm causing me to cry out.My eyes were glassy and i couldn't make out what has happened , as i blinked a few times hoping my sight would become more clear, my breathing become heavy as i came to terms with my surroundings, i start to sob as i noticed the smashed windows, the distant sound of sirens , the strong smell of gas.we've been in a car crash. 

i start shaking , sweating as i start to panic. The car was on its side and my body was in an awkward,painful position. my focus then goes to the drivers seat as my dad lays there almost life less , blood on his forehead.  

"Dad"i whispered I tried to reach to him but my set belt would budge.

I tried to pull harder but their was a piece of glass stuck in my waist , I winced in pain.

The sirens for earlier became louder, i was now in a full blown state as i worried for mine and my parent safety.

"Help" I cried

"Help" I repeated

"Hel-" I was cut off my mums groan

"Mum?" i said my voice shaky 

"Liberty?" she questions

Bloods was dripping down her head and her eyes were rolling back

"Yes mum its be you going to be okay" I assured her

 her hands slowly reached up to neck and she ripped of her necklace and tried to throw it to me.

"Liberty , I love you don't ever -" she started

"Don't ever forget it , I don't think I'm going to make it , but you can still live your life" she continued.

"No-no mum please" I whimpered

"Liberty listen to me , I won't make it , I can feel my life being sucked out of me , but at least I died and got to say bye to my daughter" she choked up

"Mum you can make it please !" I begged 

"i love you baby" my mum whispered. her breathing became irregular , sweat dripping down her forehead. she let out a cough which was followed by a rattling noise as she lead her head on the seat , her chest suddenly stopped her eyes wide glassy.

i let out a sob " no no no , mum please" 

i banged my against the seat repeatedly

"Some please help me" i screamed 

"Mummy please" I sobbed

"wake up please"

************

i jolted awake , hot and sweating i groaned. 

Agh , not again . i brushed my hands through my hair shaking my head, I flopped my legs over my bed carefully lifting myself of my so called bed.

Ever since the accident I've been having nightmares and my parents died when I was 13 and that was 3 years ago so that makes me 16 years old.

i walked over to my little table in the corner of the room and looked into the tiny mirror i managed mike to let me keep. i stared at myself , glaring at myself , the bruise under my dull brown eyes. i let out a small chuckle. 

"weak" i said to myself 

the three years since my parents death , haven't been the best. 

Ever since the crash I moved in with him , my brother mike. when mike got custody over me, the loving brother i once knew was long gone and soon enough love turned into hate. three years i've lived with his constant abuse but over time i've learnt to not feel anything. im completely numb. 

I looked at my alarm clock 5:00 am, mike doesn't wake up tell 8:00 so that gives me 3 hours.

I walked over to wardrobe and pulled out a vest top and leggings , I brushing my teeth pulling my long brown hair into a ponytail, glancing over to the concealer mike bought i sigh before covering the mark on my face.

glancing at myself one last time , i almost look normal. 

turning around , i reached down below my bed was a faulty floor board lifting it up putting it to the side , picking up the stereo , its nothing special , just an old small round silverish stereo that even the sound quality isnt great my but its my pride and joy as it allows me to escape the life i've been given. 

not only the sounds and the way the music makes me feel , but this small stereo allows me to dance the only thats keeping me remotely sane in this house. 

i press play on the stereo , softly so mike wouldn't wake up.

now Letting the music control of my body , moving in sync with the music. 

The song was slow and soft.

I danced gracefully , every move was filled with passion. 

This is the only time when I feel like my life is perfect . that my parents are still alive and my brother was the supportive , loving brother he used to be.

The music came to a stop and I was breathing heavily. 

I heard a groan from the opposite room.

checking the time.

'8:03'

"crap" I whispered

I'm late , I grabbed my jumper and ran down stairs to begin mikes breakfast.

hearing him trudge down the stairs my body stiffed but i carried on trying not to panic 

He came down stairs , The smell of alcohol filled my nose and painfully brought back images of yesterdays beating, blinking my eyes trying to stop tears from forming. crying makes you weak , he doesnt like it when i cry.

I kept my head down and put his food on a plate.and headed over to him and placed  it on the table in front of him, along with a glass of orange juice.

"morning" he said

I didn't answer , the little voice in my head was telling me to , for my own safety but my mouth was frozen shut.

he looked at me dead in the eye, glaring. "morning liberty" he repeated his voice ruff 

still no sound left my mouth. 

he banged his fist on the table making me flinch back. "i said morning damn it answer me" he yelled 

"Morn-morning mike" i stuttered 

he tutted " you know what" he stood up flipping his plate food going everywhere and the plate landing on the floor smashing. "im not even hungry" he yelled angrily 

coming close towards me i took a step back which he noticed, and he didnt' like that. he grabbed my face " you make lose my appetite" i tried looking away but he grabbed my face tighter , i then felt a pain go across my cheek.

"Next time answer me the first time" with that he left for worked slamming the door shut. 

backing up at the corner the kitchen tears roll down my face as i sob.