Chapter 1: Curiosity

Börja om från början

The war had been waged and good had prevailed. Harry had defeated Voldemort, and Death Eaters were being rounded up every single day.

Lives were lost on the good side as well as the bad. Percy had risked his life for his brother Fred, pushing him out of the way of heavy debris and taking the blow himself. Lavender Brown had been mauled by Greyback, and young Dennis Creevey was literally pulled apart by a giant.

Ever though there were tragedies, a lot of good came out of the war. Hogwarts had been rebuilt and Harry and many of the students from his year were able to come back as 8th years. Ron and Hermione had eloped and went to Australia to find her parents and possibly to honeymoon, so they wouldn't be going back to school until much later. Mrs. Weasley was devastated that they did things that way, but she was happy her Ron had finally got with Hermione. Everyone knew it was bound to happen.

Another thing that happened was that Luna was hit by an unknown curse mixed with a curse that she had thrown that had ricochet and went into her. She discovered about a week later that she could see into the future. Never one to interfere with fate, she had thought of not using her new powers. But when students started coming to her asking for love predictions, she couldn't help but do it. She liked making people happy.

Ginny and Harry had heard good results from some of their fellow classmates on their predictions by Luna. She was the confirmation Hermione and Ron needed to marry, she was the reason why Colin Creevy was now having fun days with Romilda Vane, and the reason Parvati Patil looked at Dean Thomas in a different light.

Ginny knocked on the door and was greeted by Luna's father Xenophilius. He was an odd sort of man. Long blonde hair that reached his bum, clothes that looked like he had sewn a burlap sack together, and a crown of baby's breath flowers on his head.

"Harry Potter. We meet again." he said cheerfully. "I'm glad it's under kinder circumstances this time."

"Yes sir. Last time we interacted, you tried to turn me into Death Eaters and almost blew me up with a horn." said Harry, blandly.

"As I said. Kinder circumstances.” said Mr. Lovegood with a grin. “You two must be looking for my Luna. She's up in her room. The stairs will show you the way."

The two teens walked passed Mr. Lovegood and into the house.

"Mind that third step. There is a Varicap there. He won't fancy you stepping on him."

Harry looked at the third step and saw nothing. "Sir? There isn't anything here."

"Oh that's because he can turn invisible. Ingenious little creature." said Mr. Lovegood in his spacy voice.

Ginny and Harry looked at each other and groaned. The skipped the 3rd step and continued on to Luna's room, where the door was open.

Luna's room was exactly what she was. Unique. Her room smelled of incense and lavender. Her walls and were painted a deep midnight blue and looked as if it had twinkling stars in a night’s sky. Her bed was in the middle of the room, the headboard was shaped like a crescent moon. She had four bean bag chairs and a table in the middle set off to the corner. Luna was sitting on one of the bean bag chairs, legs crossed.

"Ginevra and Harry. Come sit with me, it's been too long.” said Luna in her airy and sweet voice. “Harry, don't sit too close. You have a lot of wrackspurts in your hair and I don't want them in mine.

Ginny giggled while Harry frowned and sat opposite of Luna.

"Now I suppose that you two are here to find your soulmates. I trust that you two have figured out that you two are not each other's, correct?" said Luna, matter of factly.