Chapter Eight - Goodbye...?

(Trigger warning. This contains suicidal thoughts . Also don't play the song yet)

"W-what....fresh what do you mea--"

"I'm still d-dying PJ.....my magic...I-its gone...I c-can't do it...I'm only a-alive because in h-hooked up to m-machines..." fresh said sadly. This made pj's heart drop.

"Fresh...no...No don't go please!!" He said.
"I'm sorry jammy....I-i have t-to...belive me...I-im m-more than ready..." He stammered.
"I'M NOT!" PJ cried. He was scared for his lovers life.

Fresh smiled weakly at PJ. PJ fell to his knees at freshs bed. "...what...am I gonna do...I need you Fresh..." He whimpered.
"No....you don't...I-im just a s-shadow....don't w-worry about me...." fresh tried to reassure him...he failed.

"Fresh I can't go on without you! I need you...so much...if you go...than I will do everything I'm my power to be with you again...Even if it means suicide!!" PJ yelled.

Fresh gasped slightly. "PJ...p-please...! I've been d-dying for y-years now...! It's time I-i asend to t-the world above..." He sighs. PJ was sobbing once more.

"Jammy....?" He asked.
"Y-yeah Fresh?" PJ replied.
"C-can you sing t-to m-me...?" Fresh asked.
"Of course..." PJ sat there thinking of a song. And he thought of one.
"H-how does We TheKings, Sad Song sound to you?"
"I love that song..." fresh smiled.

PJ nods and held freshs hand. He began to sing.

(Play video now)

"You...and I...we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky. With you...I'm alive...like all the missing parts of my heart they finally collide." PJ and fresh teared up.

"So stop time right here in the moon light cause I don't ever want to close my eyes." PJ took a deep breath.

"Without you I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole. Without you I've got no hand to hold. Without you I feel torn, like a sail in a storm....without you....I'm just a sad song...I'm just a sad song..." PJ was ready to sing again when Fresh cut him off.

"With you....i fall...it's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes upon the wall. With you I'm a beautiful mess....it's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears upon the edge..." He sung. PJ was crying now.

"So stop time right here in the moon light cause I don't ever want to close my eyes...." fresh had to stop. He had closed his eyes but PJ hadn't noticed.

"Without you I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole. Without you I've got no hand to hold. Without you I feel torn, like a sail in a storm..... Without you....I'm just a sad song...." fresh decided to bring his last moments to PJ and fill him with joy.

"You're the perfect melody...the only harmony, I wanna hear...you're my favorite part of me with you standing next to me I've got nothing to fear..."

"Without you I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole."

"Without you I've got no hand to hold."

"Without you I feel torn, like a sail in a storm. Without you I'm just a, without you I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole. Without you I've got no hand to hold. Without you I feel torn, like a sail in a storm.....Without you I'm just a sad song.....I'm just a sad song....."
PJ finished the song in a lovely way.

"I hope I did ok fresh......fresh?" PJ looked at Fresh who had his eyes closed, chest wasn't moving, he wasn't breathing and and long continues beep was heard. PJ knew that sound to well...

He gripped Freshs hand and cried. He couldn't help but sing again...

"You A-are my sunshine....m-my only...s-sunshine...." He chocked a little and his voice was cracking. "You make me h-happy...when sky's are g-grey....y-you'll ne-ever know dear...h-how much I l-love y-you...." He decided to change the last part of the song, "Why did you t-take...my su-unshine away...?" He sobbed.

After hours of sobbing, PJ got up and looked at freshs lifeless body. "...." He was speechless.

He leaned down and kissed his sleeping lover one last time. The kiss was short but it was so full of love that anyone watching could have instantly felt guilty for PJ.

PJ decided to let his love rest in peace....he got up and he went to the waiting room where he saw error and Jesse talking. When error saw his son. He hugged him tightly.
"PJ I'm so proud of you! You pulled through and so did fres--"

"Fresh is dead....he basically died in my arms....we sang together before he passed...I just want to go home right now dad....I want to get out of here...p-please..." PJ pleaded. Error covered his mother in shock. Jesse hung his head.
"So what Fresh told us was true...he really did have very little time left...I'm so sorry PJ..." He apologized

"Don't be sorry....I'm got to see him  before he....I'm got to sing with him...I'm got to spend time with him....please...don't be sorry...." PJ said. Jesse nods and walked off to tend to others. Error held his hand out to PJ.

PJ took errors hand and walked out.
"Goodbye Fresh..." He said as he drove off.

Error and PJ didn't speak the whole way home. But when they got home and sat down on the couch, PJ clung to error and error held PJ.
"I'm so sorry PJ..." error stated.
"I said don't be....I never realized how Ill Fresh was....I should have been ready from the moment he spoke...but I wasn't....I just to take my time and let my emotions sort themselves out right now....I'll probably grieve for weeks...."

Error sighs,
"do you still wanna go to school tomorrow?" He asked. PJ nods, "Yeah...worst comes to worst I can run home or something..." He answered. Error nods.

That night, right before PJ went to bed, he had snuck a knife into his room. He clutched it in one hand and started shaking. He lifted his head and put the knife to his neck. He held it there forever a few minutes and just as he was about to cut his throat he heard freshs voice play inside his head.

"Thanks jammy!"
"I owe ya one!"
"That was too close...!"
"Are you ok?"
"Jammy...?"
"Alright!! Go PJ!!"
"Haha shut up!"
"PJ! You're making me blush!"
"Awww thanks jammy!"
"Do you have to go?"
"Oh come on I'm not that bad!"
"I believe in you jammy!"
"You can do it!"
"Whoo!!! GO PAPERJAM!!!"
"haha that was a good one!"
"OK fine...you cought me!"
"Don't you ever leave my side!"
"I'm sorry I didn't show...."
"Hehehe! PJ that tickles!"
"Hey back off undyne!"
"Awww that's sweet!"
"Wha-PJ! Not in public..!"
"So if x=6 you have to times X by four and you have the answer!"
"Now be careful!!"
"You're doing so well!"
"Go jammy go!"
"Oh stars! Are you ok!?"
"Of corse I care idiot!"
"You're not happy with me?"
"Awww I would go to the ends of the earth's to be with you!"
"What do you mean there's someone you have to see?!"
"I'm sorry too..."
"You're perfect I swear...."
"AHHH JAMMY CAREFUL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!"
"Oh that's neat!"
"S-sweetheart?!"
"Awww how precious!"
"You are learning so well!"
"I feel like it's been years instead of a few weeks!"
"Really!?"
"ILOVEYOU!"

As the memories came back he shook uncontrollably.

"Don't every leave me"
"Promise there's nothing going on"
"OK...jammy give me your blade..."
"Where's your flask?"
"Jammy you need to stop this..."
"Why do you do this to yourself?"
"It's not me is it?"
"What do you do this for?"
"PJ STOP!"
"DON'T DO IT JAMMY!!"
"AHHH JAMMY WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?"

"JAMMY STOP!"

"PJ! PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!"

"PAPERJAM!!" The voice went from freshs to errors as the last the three memories faded into reality. Error took the knife from PJ's neck and PJ was as pail as a ghost. He was shaking uncontrollably.

"I could hear him...!! His memories in my mind!! I'm a fucking mess!!" PJ cried.

Error hugged him tightly and PJ hugged back.

"I need my sunshine....!!"