Chapter 17: Blue eyes.

"A, you need to tell him." Sue pleaded "it's his right to know!"

April shook her head and kept her eyes fixed on her trembling hands "I can't.".

"You can!"

April shook her head again.

Sue sighed in realization that she wasn't going to get anywhere, "Then at least tell Tony..." She suggested "Or Steve."

April's head suddenly snapped up "Oh my god. Steve!" She put her head in her hands "No, no no no. He'll go crazy, I can't tell him!"

"Are you kidding? This is Steve!" Sue protested "He's not gonna' go crazy, A. He'll help you through this; hopefully talk some sense into you..."

April's shoulders gently shook as she cried into her hands. Sue rushed to her side and rubbed a hand over her back in an attempt to soothe her pain. At that moment Steve and Tony stumbled through the door.

"Jarvis, what the hell! We said no interruptions!" Sue scolded the A.I.

"I'm afraid my protocols were overridden Mrs Richards."

"I wanted to know what was going on." Tony commented

April slowly lifted her head from her lap; seeing her anguish Steve immediately strode to her side - only making her whimpers worse. He put a hand on her knee, taking her face in his other. Speaking softly he calmed her "Hush, Honey. Tell me what's wrong."

By now Tony had also joined the three; a concerned look on his face. April caught eye contact with her brother before looking to Sue, who gave her a reassuring nod and encouraging smile.

April spoke in a broken tone "I need to speak to Steve on my own." 

This made Steve even more worried. Whilst Tony and Sue left the room, he enveloped April in his arms, picking her up and sitting on the sofa so that she was rested in his lap. 

"What is it, A?"

She loosened her grip on his shoulders and looked deep into his clear blue eyes. "Steve, I... Uh." She took a breath "I'm... pregnant."

Steve turned his gaze to the floor, "I don't understand."

"I guess, before me and Johnny split, there must have been a time when we didn't... um- ya' know, use anything." April admitted

Steve nodded. He thought back to the night before Fury called them all in; listening to Johnny and April 'Foundue' through the wall. Steve had still been upset about the whole 'Johnny situation', and about what Johnny had said - "What makes you think April will stick with you, when she can have me?" - Now it seemed that him and April would never be rid of Johnny Storm.

"Have you told Storm?" Steve asked her

"Uh,uh." She sniffed shaking her head. She looked up at Steve expectantly; he was still staring at the floor, processing the information. "Please say something" she whispered.

Steve finally made eye contact with her. He placed his palm around the back of her neck, tracing his thumb along her hairline; pulling her into his chest he buried his nose in her hair and whispered the 5 little words she'd been longing to here: "Everything's going to be okay."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Question of the chapter: Do you think April should tell Johnny? or just act like it's Steve's?

Vote's and Comment's please lovelies:D xoxo