STEF'S POV:
I watched Amelia outside, feeling the breeze of the windy day. How did Lena and I get so lucky to have this beautiful girl to call ours? I felt so incredibly awful about Mariana finding out about Amelia's incident, but I was furious that Mariana told somebody when I specifically asked her not to. Sometimes I wonder what goes through that girl's mind when she makes decisions.
The clock turned 2:30, usually the time the gang comes barreling in from school. Within seconds, I heard the front door open. Jesus and Brandon are the first ones in the kitchen.
"Hi mom." Jesus greeted me with a hug. "Hi bud, how was school? Learn anything?" I asked my son as he rummaged through the fridge to find something to eat.
"Ehh.. Not much." He explained as he bit into an apple. As Brandon and Jesus were talking, Lena walked into the kitchen, signaling me to come in the living room. I agreed and proceeded to walk out of the kitchen. As I was walking out, I nudged B on the shoulder.
"Hey, B?"
"Yeah mom?"
"Keep an eye on Amelia, she's just getting some fresh air but she's been out there for a while. Check on her in a few minutes, yes?"
"Sure, no problem." Brandon smiled.
I walked into the living room to find Lena and Mariana. Lena sitting on one of the two arm chairs and Mariana sitting in the middle of the couch. I exchanged looks with both of them and I sat myself down on the other arm chair.
"So Mariana. When were you planning on telling us that you told very personal things about Amelia to other people?!" Lena said sternly. Mariana was speechless, and acting confused.
"Mama, I didn't tell anyone! I would never do that." Mariana pleaded.
"Oh cut the act missy." I started. "Did you even realize that Amelia wasn't in the car on the way home?" Mariana shook her head no.
"I found her in a janitors closet, so upset she was practically choking on her own tears." Lena told Mariana. "Olivia Walsh, Caroline Hart, and Hannah Williams came up to Amelia in homeroom and tormented her, causing her to run out of the class in tears! They had no way of knowing that information, unless you told someone who is friendly with them. Who is friendly with them? You need to tell me right now." Lena went on to explain further.
Mariana was silent. It was clear that she didn't want to say who she told.
"Mariana, we need to know who you told about Amelia's rape." I told my daughter. Mariana sighed. "I told Lexi, okay?" She admitted. "I-I didn't know she would tell people!"
"Wait.. You guys know about what happened to me?!" A familiar voice cried. It was Amelia. "Mariana why would do that to me?" She then looked to Lena and I, with eyes filled with tears. "Amelia sweetheart--" Lena pleaded, standing up and walking towards Amelia, grabbing her hand.
"NO!" Amelia interrupted, pulling away from Lena. She stormed out of the living room. Lena went to follow her. "Let me, Lena." I stopped her short. She agreed and let me follow Amelia.

I went upstairs to find Amelia on the ground, sobbing again. I walked over to her, bending down and sitting next to her. She looked at me with tearful eyes.

"We're so sorry baby." I said to her, pulling her into my embrace. "How did Mariana find out? And-and why did she tell p-people?" She stuttered, choking on her sobs.

"Mariana found your file and started to read it. I warned her not to tell anyone but she doesn't think clearly when she makes decisions."
"I'm the joke of the school and it hasn't even been a week." Amelia scoffed.
"Hey hey hey." I started. "This will all blow over! Trust me on this, love." I stroked her hair while her head was resting on my chest. We stayed like that for a while, I looked down and Amelia's eyes were closing, falling asleep on me. Since we were on the ground, I picked her up bride style and laid her down on her bed and pulled blankets over her.

When I walked into Lena and I's room, I found my partner sitting on our bed, with tears in her eyes. I went over to her and she fell into my arms.
"I'm just so mad at Mariana." She spit out. "And I don't want to be. She's my daughter. But, God Stef that girl makes the stupidest decisions." She said, tears still streaming down her face.
"I know, I know. But she made a mistake and she is just going to have to pay the consequences. This is a learning experience for her, love. She now knows who to trust and what to keep to herself." I ran my fingers up and down her arm that was holding on to me. She looked up and said, "Where is Amelia? Is she okay?"
"She's sleeping." I answered. "The poor thing is so drained from today that she fell asleep in my arms."
"I made Mariana go to her room for the rest of the night. We need to think of a punishment."
I scoffed. "I don't think theres a punishment big enough for what she has done."
There was a knock on the door and both of us looked up.
"Come on in." I replied to the knock. It was Mariana.

"Nope. Absolutely not. Mariana go back to your room please, right now." I snapped.
"Please just let me explain! I want to apologize." She pleaded in between sobs.
"What do you have to say for yourself?" Lena said sternly.
"I am just so so sorry. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. I was just confiding in a friend about Amelia."
"That wasn't your place to do so!" I yelled. "And it's not Mama and I that you need to apologize to. You need to go to Amelia and seek her forgiveness."
"She'll never forgive me, mom." Mariana said, wiping the tears from her cheeks.
"Well you'll just have to try hard enough." Lena told her. "Now please. Go back to your room."
Mariana turned and walked out of our room, shutting the door behind her. Just as Mariana shut the door, the house phone rang. Lena went up to get it.

"Hello?" She answered.

Her face went pale, eyes welling up with tears again as she listened to the other line. I mouthed "What? What is it?" She pressed her index finger to her lips, signaling me to shut up. Mouthing "Shh!"

"Ok. Ok I will..Uhh.. Let her know. T-Thank you. You too." She hung up the phone.

"Lena honey what is it?" I asked impatiently.
"They..uh.. Amelia's rapist met bail. And he's saying that Amelia made all of this up. S-She has to go to trial."