Outcome

(The best outfits I could find that were modest enough for a funeral. Ignore the names, if you want, imagine the clothes up yourself.)

I felt a little better that I had told Scarlet what was going on in my life. We had so much in common, it's like we were twins separated at birth.
I wish I could live with them permanently but I knew it would be a lot of pressure. It just wouldn't feel right living in someone else's house, best friends or not.
Scarlets parents are very understanding and don't force me into telling them what happened, though I do think they know what happens.
It's only people that pay close attention to me that realise, that's why people don't notice because people hardly realise that I even exist.
The last week or so hasn't been that painful, my parents were out most of the time so I had the house to myself.
There wasn't much to do. Something new I did though is go shopping. Scarlet took the term " shop till we drop" too seriously. My arms hurt even more than when my parents beat me.
Tom's death anniversary was coming up. I was thinking of telling Scarlet to come with me, I decided it would make me feel better since I wasn't alone anymore.
I had pre-ordered the flowers that Tom loved. I took them to his grave every year, sometimes when mum and dad would beat me I would go there, it made me calm and feel peaceful. Tom's grave was in a secluded part of the graveyard. Mum and dad's money came in useful and they got him his own little memorial so people would always remember him.

When I asked Scarlet, she was more than happy to come along. She was worried that other people would be there. The other good thing was that, the part were Tom was buried was only opened to family and plus ones that day. The people at the graveyard knew me very well.
That morning I got up very early. I didn't bother wearing any makeup because it would all come off anyway. Me and Scarlet had both decided that we would wear modest black clothes.
We had one hell of a day in for us.