Chapter 1

To get away from all my problems I liked to lay down in the grass under a huge oak tree at night. When it's dark and the moon is out, you can see the effects of the miasma on the environment. The moon is no longer a beacon of safety, no longer the headlight to find our way. No, it turned into a symbol of fear with its crimson light drowning the earth with its eariness.

I used to like watching this mutation, it reminded me of what we had lost and what I was fighting for. The only problem was that I had no right to be theresince it was past curfew for knights in training. I had been training to become a knight for three years, those were the days when I look back to them now. The Spirit Order had been created one year after our exode to Australia when monsters started attacking our borders. It is a great honor to become a knight and I would have this pleasure to become one a few days after, even though I was not sure to be ready.

Sighing, I pushed myself away from the tree and started to walk towards the dorms. Suddenly, a flash of light exploded in front of my eyes and my sight started fading away. As I fell into darkness, a sense of familiarity swept over me.

"Open your eyes son, we do not have much time ! " a blurred voice shouted startling me awake 

"Who are you ? Where did you take me ?"

"I have not taken you anywhere, we are only in your subconscious and do you not recognize me, your own mother ? "

How could this be, how could I be hearing my mother's voice ? I started convincing myself that I had died, had passed over to the other side, out of the hell that was life and into the arms of my parents.

"I know it must be hard to comprehend, but you must listen to me. There is a danger coming son, I do not know exactly what will happen but I can tell you that in two cycles a calamity of which you have never seen shall befall this land and wipe out the meager remains of humanity."

As she finished, she pulled a greenorb from her chest and threw it to me. It slowly floated towards me and when I tried to touch it, a sharp pain erupted from my hand. When the pain had faded away, the orb had disappeared and a ring had formed on my finger.

"You must leave now, my power has nearly disappeared, the ring will protect you when danger is near !"

This is how all my fucked up life started, sounds epic right ? I was going to save the world, I had magic powers, nothing could touch me thanks to the ring. How stupid I was to think that at the time.

It is time you heard about our predicament.  We have been stuck here for weeks, trying as hard as we can to survive. We are running low on food, water and other necessities. Please find us, please help us !

Blood MoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara