Chapter 15

"Please go with us!" Elaine begs as she applies her makeup. "Aiden is gone away on business and I'm not much of a party person." I say trying to persuade her to drop it. She had been invited to a major party with Parker and had been begging me to go. "Please!" She begs again. "Where is it?" I ask. "It's at Brahms's." she says with a smile. "That upscale bar?" I ask with distaste. "Yes." She squeals. "Do you people always have to go to the most expensive places?" I groan. "Your boyfriend is one of us." She reminds me. I roll my eyes and flop down onto the couch. "Please go." She begs again. I was seriously at my wits end with her begging. "Fine!" I yell jumping up from the couch and making a beeline for my room. I could hear her squeals of excitement as I searched my closet for something to wear. I decided on a gold shimmer body-con dress. It had quarter length sleeves and I paired it with black stockings. I pulled on my black stilettos, black gem earrings, black ring, and pulled the look together with a black clutch. I styled my hair in loose curls and applied minimal makeup. I looked party ready but did not feel party ready. I roll my eyes at my reflection and make my way down to the waiting car.

"I'm so glad you came!" Elaine squeals as she bounces around in the multicolored lights. I stand awkwardly as people dance all around with drinks in their hands. "You should try this, it will help you relax." Parker says handing me a mixed drink. It was pink and smelled fruity. I took a slow drag on the straw and strawberry flavored slush filled my mouth. Mmm this is good! I couldn't taste the alcohol over the fruit and before I knew it I was on my third drink. "I don't know what these are but they are awesome!" I yell while holding the glass high before sucking it down. "You don't drink much do you?" Parker asks. "Nope!" I say popping the P. He laughs at me and hands me another drink but this one is green. It tastes like watermelon and apple. "Try this!" Elaine yells handing me a small glass full of an amber colored liquid. I tilt it back and pour it down my throat in one go. It burns as it goes down and I find myself coughing. "What was that?" I slur. "Jack Daniels!" She yells as she dances around. I take my drink and make my way the bathroom on wobbling feet. My head is spinning and I've come to the conclusion that I've drank way too much. I don't make it far before the DJ plays an upbeat song and everyone is pushing in around me. Bodies are flopping up against me and I can't help but move with the beat. I find myself with my drink held above my head as I sway my hips to the beat. "Damn baby!" A man to my left yells as he watches me. I ignore him and slurp down the rest of my drink. I jump when I feel hands wrapped around my thighs. I turn to see the man behind me smirking down at me with hazed over eyes. "Don't touch me." I groan as I push through the crowd looking for Elaine. I spot her blonde hair and wobble my way over to her. "This creep touched me!" I yell loudly at her. "Who?" Parker asks pushing us both behind him. "I left him on the other side." I slur wobbling in my spot. "I think you've had enough." Elaine says softly leading me towards the exit. We pass the V.I.P section as we stumble towards the door and I glance inside. I freeze in my spot when I see Aiden inside speaking to a tall brunette. My heart flops in my chest and alcohol infused rage builds inside of me. I break free from Elaine and stagger towards the entrance to the lounge. "You aren't allowed in there." The man standing guard says. "The hell I'm not!" I yell before pushing my way inside. I hear him following behind me but I have my eyes trained on Aiden. "Aiden fucking Arco!" I yell making my way up to their table. He freezes when his eyes meet mine. "I thought you were away on business!" I cry glaring at him with clenched fists. "I got back early and decided to catch up with an old friend." He says throwing an apologetic smile at the brunette. I glare over at her and she meets my gaze with a glare of her own. "I'm the girlfriend." I brag smiling sweetly. "Oh, he didn't mention he was seeing anyone." She says with a smirk. I glance over at Aiden and catch the look of worry that flashes across his face. I shake my head at him as the tears begin to fall. I swipe at them as I run away as fast as my drunken legs can take me. He's embarrassed of you! I burst through the entrance into the falling rain. "Prim!" Elaine screams but I ignore her and take off down the street on foot. "Prim!" Aiden yells after me and I pick my pace up. "Please stop and listen." He begs. I stop in my tracks and spin around to meet his drenched face. "What?" I ask over the lump in my throat. "I admit I didn't tell her we were dating but it's because she's a reporter and it would be everywhere by tomorrow." He says pleading with me with his eyes. "So you are embarrassed of me." I say over a sob. "No, of course not." He whispers taking a step towards me. "Why were you with her?" I ask. He takes a deep breath and glances up at the falling rain. "She said she had come into some stocks that she wanted to discuss with me. She was willing to sale them and she said they were in Russia. Having stocks in Russia would be a big deal for us so I had John bring me here instead of seeing you. I was going to surprise you before this came up." He explains. "Well did you get them?" I ask. "She lied to see me." He admits and my body fills with rage. I stumble past him and begin making my way back to the bar. "Where are you going?" He asks. "To kick her ass!" I yell and he yanks me to him. "You're drunk." He whispers and signals to John to bring the car around. "Let me go!" I yell. "Get in the car." He orders. I roll my eyes and slide onto the leather seat. He climbs in by me and I lean on him. "You smell good, like mint and cedar." I mumble while my eyes flutter closed. He laughs and pulls my head onto his lap. "I think I love you." I whisper into his shirt and he stiffens beneath me. "You're just drunk." He assures me. "You don't believe in love at first sight?" I ask peering up at him. "I don't know anymore." He says while shaking his head. I smile and snuggle in closer to him before falling into an alcohol induced sleep.