Chapter 1

I GRINNED AS I LOOKED AT MY PHONE. "Hey Jen!" I said into the mobile.

"Hi, Sam! Can you come over? We can watch some movies." Asked Jen, adding the last part in a rush.

"Sorry, I have to go to John's house. I haven't told him anything. Today's our anniversary, you know?" I smiled into the phone.

"No probs! It must be an important day for you!" She exclaimed.

"Thanks J."

"You know it!"

I shook my head as I pressed the red button. I got onto my bike, and revved the engine. I sped off, with dust just reaching the corner of my eyes. When I reached John's house, I quickly hid my bike. I had not told him that I was coming to his home.

I took out his house keys quietly, not wanting to make a noise. When I got in, I saw John. And another girl. One of my ex-best friends, Sasha. They were both watching a movie on the couch, and occasionally kissing. On the lips.

"John, how could you! I trusted you. And now you betrayed it. Goodbye." I screamed, but whispered the last part. I threw his keys on the floor, and the present I got him. It was his favourite game, Call Of Duty. He'd played it a couple of times at my house, but he'd always wanted it in his house. That's what I got him today. I also got him his favourite comfort food, and prawns. I stomped out of the house, irregardless of his cries, calling me back.

I got on my bike and went. It took me twenty minutes to reach my house. "Hello, Jen?" I asked into the phone. "Can you come over please?" She said that she would come over right away. I then turned around to get into the house, but not before spotting a couple of guys in a truck, right outside my home. I shrugged it off at how weird it seemed, and sniffed once. Twice. And then the tears wouldn't stop coming. I looked a little into the truck, and saw a man, roughly twenty four years old, looking straight into my eyes. For some reason, his emerald green eyes turned pure black. But I ignored the fact that that was not ordinary, and I ambled into my house. "You there, Sam?" Jen asked. I forgot that she was still on the line. "Yeah," I answered,"and get ice cream while you're at it." "Got it!" She said.

"Oh, honey, what's wrong?" Jen burst in, with six tubs of ice cream in her hands. "John was cheating on me. I went to his house, and he was with Sasha! Sasha of all people!" I cried into her arms.

"Oh, it's okay. It's fine. Come on, let's watch some movies. Movie marathon?" Grinned Jen.

I couldn't even express the feeling of gratitude I had towards Jen that time.